𝟦𝟨 | 𝖲𝖾𝖾𝖽𝗌

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

"There is nothing more unsettling than being a part of something so horrible, completely unaware," Simmons somberly says as Fitz pours her a cup of tea. "A cadet could have died."

"We drew up those concepts years ago. We didn't know they'd be applied that way," Fitz argued, holding another teacup.

Eyebrows furrowed in concern, Skye asked. "Is this the device they found in the frozen pool?"

Ward, who stands beside the brunette, nods.

"Correction: the instantly frozen indoor pool," Skye mused.

"It seems like it was planted in the filter days before. Like someone was waiting for those specific cadets," Ward explained, reading from the tablet he was holding.

"That seems premeditated enough," Hazel mentioned from beside Ward, looking over his shoulder to read from the tablet.

"Well, as far as they can tell, the device uses a crystalline nucleation process she designed," Fitz explained.

"And a delivery mechanism he invented. That's why we are being asked to consult on the investigation," Simmons stated, clearly unsettled with the whole situation.

"So we're going to the Academy?" Skye asked, excitement laced in her voice as she glanced at the agents.

"Science and technology division. Cadets are pretty shaken up over what happened. Agent Weaver asked if you two could speak to the student body about the 'potentiality' to calm them down."

Ward's words brought tension to FitzSimmons, the British woman glancing up at Ward.

"Of course, the talk. We've all heard the talk."

Hazel and Skye looked at each other before turning back to the scientists. "We haven't," Skye mentioned as she chewed her cereal.

"I guess you will," Ward mentioned, raising his coffee cup to his lips.

"Is it like those 'we gotta stand together' type of speeches?" Hazel asked, only getting an amused look from the specialist beside her.

Saving her best friend from the looks, Skye spoke up. "Well, I've heard a lot about the Academy. I'm excited to finally see it."

"Me too. Never been to Sci-Tech before," Ward mentioned, earning confused looks from the two hackers.

"Never?" Both girls ask, surprise in their tones.

Ward only shook his head, FitzSimmons only staring at them.

"Huh. The different S.H.I.E.L.D. Academies don't interact?" Skye asked, looking between the specialist and the scientists.

Fitz scoffed at that, getting Hazel's attention."Is there a Gryffindor versus Slytherin type of rivalry between the academies?" Hazel asked, eyes darting in between the agents in the room.