𝟸𝟾| 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚂𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝙼𝚎

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

The briefing room was quiet, only the usual tapping of screens and the beeping of the computers broke the silence inside. The reason? Hazel and Skye were stuck inside trying to find information on Mr. Cross so it could give the team an idea of why the incident had happened. In the meantime, the blonde completely refused to try to hold a conversation with Skye.

After a tiny beep, another image that had Mr. Cross in it popped up onto the screen before Skye frustratedly placed the tablet she was using down in front of her.

"Alright, I'm over the silence," Skye spoke up, snapping Hazel out from her own tablet and her thoughts. "You can't still be mad at me, it's been days."

Hazel sighed at her words, glancing at her before she looked back down to her tablet to continue her work. "Well, you did lie to my face," the blonde started with a small hum in her tone. "For a few days by the way."

Hazel's words caused the brunette to physically deflate, it was hard for her to know her best friend was still mad at her. Skye understood it was her fault, but it was also hard to understand how the blonde wanted to be apologized to.

"Hazel, if I could take it back I would," Skye said turning to look at her with an exasperated look on her face. "It wasn't even that serious if I knew what Miles was doing I would've told the team."

The blonde turned to look at her, eyebrows furrowed as a perplexed expression took over her face. "Are... Are you serious right now?" Hazel asked, surprised that the brunette still couldn't or didn't understand. "Skye I'm not even mad because of what happened anymore, it's done."

Frustrated and confused, Skye questioned the blonde. "Then what are you even mad about?" she asked her voice rising a bit as she looked at her best friend who scoffed at her question. "You can't expect me to apologize when I don't even know what I should be apologizing for!"

"Because you kept it from me! You decided to have whatever you had with Miles without even taking me into consideration!" Hazel exclaimed completely fed up with the conversation and shutting down Skye's claims. "How long were you going to be with Miles until you decided to tell me? When you decided to leave me stranded for a man you clearly didn't know enough?"

Skye's shoulders dropped, and her angry expression fell along with them as she started understanding Hazel's anger more. It wasn't what she had done, it's what she hadn't done that bothered the blonde in front of her.

"Hazel, of course, I was going to tell you," Skye started watching as her friend looked away from her. "But, everything happened with Mike, we got taken here and everything moved too fast before I had the chance to tell you."

Hazel looked up at her with an unsure expression, her eyes filled with emotion. "Why were you sending him messages about the team? Like you were some kind of spy for the organization that was putting innocent people in danger," the blonde asked which made Skye's eyes widen in surprise, only becoming aware that she had read the messages.