𝟽𝟸 | 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

They had made it. Garrett was dead, finally. There would not be any more taunting or pressure from that man, and it was easier to breathe with the news for some team members. Mike Peterson was free of Garrett's and Hydra's control, free to amend for all the horrors he had been forced to commit. For Coulson's team, it was now a time to rest and wind down from everything that had happened to them in such a short time.

Following the coordinates that Fury had given Coulson, they had found themselves in a new secret base called The Playground, sporting its own Agent Koenig, just like Providence: lanyards and all.

After being told about the case-by-case basis, they would get the lanyards, everyone scattered, moving to do their own thing. Hazel had returned to The Bus with Skye, grabbing the things they wanted to move into the base, feeling they would stay there for a while.

"I wonder if we get to pick our rooms," Skye mentions as she walks by Hazel down the plane's ramp. Both girls are holding boxes to take to their chosen rooms.

Hazel laughed a bit at her words, not understanding where she was going with everything. "Well, I don't see why not. It's not like the base is crowded with agents."

"That's true," Skye agreed as they stepped inside the base, strolling down the empty halls. "I'll let you pick your room first, then I'll pick the furthest one."

Picking up on the brunette's joking tone, Hazel turned to her, confused, before understanding what she was saying. Her cheeks flushed with color as she stopped walking for a moment.

"Skye!"

The hacker couldn't help but laugh at the blonde's embarrassment. Shaking her head, she stopped a few steps ahead and returned to Hazel.

"It's just a precaution! The walls might be slightly more soundproof, but I don't want to hear you and Ward finally expressing your love for each other," Skye mentioned with a smile. Hazel huffed a bit as they kept on walking.

"I... well, I don't know, it's not like we are anything solid," Hazel muttered as they walked, reaching the bunker halls.

Skye laughed as they walked until the brunette looked at her best friend's unsure face. "Oh my god... you are serious," she muttered with wide eyes as she glanced at her best friend. "Haze, the man adores you. He put his life on the line for you, and you still think you guys aren't serious?"

Hazel blushed a bit in embarrassment; it sounded stupid; of course, it did, and Skye's words made sense. She was holding onto a stupid ideology and couldn't pinpoint why. With a bunch of theories, she could only think that because of the multiple people she had lost, she knowingly and unknowingly needed something to solidify the connection she would have with the person.