𝟹𝟽| 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚜

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

"Wait, a telekinetic? I  thought they didn't exist," Skye mentions, eyebrow raised in retaliation.

Inside Coulson's office, the hackers sat in the two chairs placed in front of his desk. The older agent sitting behind it.

"We never verified one," Coulson stated simply looking at both girls. "That's why we're going to Batesville, to conduct an index asset evaluation and intake."

"Does that mean we talk to her and see if she has powers?" Skye asked, the light in her eyes showing the excitement in her.

"Skye, she is not free entertainment," Hazel said frowning at her friend who looked at her sheepishly.

"Hazel is right," Coulson said before glancing toward the brunette. "But, yes basically we talk to her and see if she has powers."

"Well, that needs a better name. Less IRS more. . .better. Something like the welcome wagon," Skye suggested making Hazel smile.

"Should I make cookies?"

Coulson leaned forward interrupting the girl's banter. "I want you two to pay close attention to this one. It's an opportunity to learn how to deal with someone with newfound abilities."

The agent stood up, handing Hazel a folder as he walked around his desk.

"It's not like we've never done this before," Skye reasoned as she leaned to the side reading the file over Hazel's shoulder. " We found Mike Peterson before you did."

Coulson looked down at them, a knowing look on his face. "Remember how that went?" He asked earning an 'oh, right' look from the brunette.

"Not well," Hazel said still reading through the file Coulson had given them.

"This is a chance to see how it's done when it's done right," Coulson states before walking out of his office.

Hazel and Skye shared a look before standing up and following the agent. Hazel left behind the folder they had been given.

"How many people like this have you encountered?" Hazel asked as she stepped beside Coulson.

"A handful. There are not that many people on The Index," Coulson explains as they walk.

"They must wig out when they see the S.H.I.E.L.D. trucks roll up," Skye mentioned from behind the blonde, who glanced at her with a 'seriously?' look which was ignored.

"Each case is different. Some people are in complete denial there's anything unusual about them," Coulson explained as they walk past the briefing room. "It's a delicate process, and from all reports, this sounds like a particularly sensitive situation."