𝟷𝟸| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚝

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

Sterling, Colorado

"Dr. Hall was an asset?" Skye asked as the team walked towards the place where the scientist had been take at.

"Well Skye he did start the briefing with.. an asset has been stolen" Hazel said glancing at her bestfriend with an eyebrow raised and a little smile on her face, of course she was making fun of her friend "and I'm the blonde.." she mumbled under her breath receiving a harsh nudge from the brunette who jammed her elbow against Hazel's arm.

"One of a few select scientists S.H.I.E.L.D. had been protecting, people out enemies would love to get their hands on." Coulson explained ignoring the small bickering that both girls had as they continued to make their way down that empty road "We keep them hidden, keep them on the move."

"Which is why Fitz and I were so lucky to have him." Simmons explained as Hazel nodded even though the girl could not see her.

"We don't have him anymore." Coulson reminded Simmons which caused Hazel to glance towards him a little surprised because Simmons seemed to be really fond of this doctor.

"And what does priority red mean?" Skye asked, a question that made Hazel kind of want to smack the back of her best friend's head, it was easy to piece it together, Dr. Hall was an asset, priority red meant really important.

"It means security should have been..." The agent started explained before they all stopped and looked up being surprised by the view of a truck that was barely hanging from a tree "heavy."

"Apparently not enough..." Hazel said quietly earning an amused look from Ward who stood by her side.

『••✎••』

"It was pretty damn scary, and I don't spook easily, boss." The unknown man spoke to Coulson, the bloodied bandage on his temple made Hazel even more curious about what had caused the accident.

"Nothing in the air from above?" Agent May asked as Hazel quickly looked down to the device in her hand, given by Fitz, which was scanning around for any activity that could tell them what happened.

"Nothing over our shoulder, but what's scary is they knew our route." The agent spoke with concern clear in his expression, this called Hazel's attention, either there was someone on the inside of the information had been leaked "They we're waiting for us."

"Are you sayin they were working with somebody inside S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Coulson voiced one of the blonde's thoughts.

Hazel had walked towards Simmons distractedly and her attention was quickly pulled away from the conversation as the device in her hand beeped detecting energy.