𝟹𝟶| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚞𝚋

『••✎••』

On a normal day, Hazel would be helping the team. Today, was not one of those, of course, she took full advantage of this taking a seat in her usual chair in the living room of The Bus and diving back into her book. If the blonde were, to be honest, it was getting to the best part.

Besides her were Fitz and Skye, the engineer having escaped the lab afraid of watching the extraction from the agent they had just rescued. Skye on the other hand was quietly scrolling on a tablet.

"Oh, good. Done with that paranasal extraction nonsense," Fitz's voice, and him standing from his chair peeled Hazel away from her book. 

Looking up she realized that Simmons and Coulson had just walked in. The older agent holding the chip they had just recovered from the man's nostril.

"Do you need me to analyze the data?" Fitz asked holding his hand out once he stood in front of Coulson.

Surprisingly Coulson walked right by him. "That won't be necessary," the agent assured.

"If it's encrypted, I can mine the chip for him," Skye spoke up taking a step forward as well.

Adding to Hazel's surprise, Coulson walked past her as well. "I'm afraid this mission's classified," the agent informed his team. "Clearance Level 8," and with that Coulson walked away.

Being enough explanation for the team everyone nodded. With so little information everyone was turning to go back to what they were doing. 

"That's it?" Hazel asked from her seat, clear confusion in her voice.

Ward, who was ready to walk away, stopped listening to what the two confused hackers had to say. 

"Wait, What? He can just shut us out of the process like that?" Skye asked just as confused as her friend.

"Well, he did say the mission was Level 8," Fitz said, in his voice, it was clear it hadn't been a big deal like it seemed to the girls.

"Right, but this is normally the part where we all stand around the holo com and we learn about stuff," Skye argued looking at the engineer. "I mean, aren't we all, on the same team?"

"No need to get started on one of your socialist riffs." 

At the comment Hazel huffed a bit, standing up as she looked at the agents. "It just doesn't seem logical to keep people in the shadow," the blonde explained her thoughts with a shrug of shoulders. "More if we all work for the same outcome, no?"