¡ three

Your first school day slowly got to an end and as you were searching for Michi to walk back home with her, you see her talking to some people. You didn't know what to do so you just slowly approached them waiting for Michi to notice you.
"Yeah I totally don't get how- Oh hi y/n!" You just smiled to her as a response because you didn't like talking to new people, you always got a little shy around others.

Michi knew that you have a hard time introducing yourself so she did it for you "Guys, this is y/n l/n she's my bestieee"  she said poking your cheeks laughing, you were just rolling your eyes and laughing at how she introduced you.

They were talking for some minutes while you were on your phone checking your social medias and texting some online friends again.

You were texting with Kenma,

Ken~

Ken~
so how's your first day been going? Met some new people lmao ?

You
Haha funny joke, you woke up today and chose to be funny as I see, but you'll be surprised kozume

Ken~
huh

You
yea I actually met some interesting people, I only talked to them a bit though

Ken~
woaaa look what Michi made out of u, she's bringing out your confident side

You
boi, I probably talked to like 2 people lmao don't over exaggerate

Ken~
i mean it's a beginning

Sry I gtg im playing rn

You
I THOUGHT WE WANTED TO PLAY TOGETHER

awh you little shit ima beat your ass when I get home

When Michi finally waved bye to them the both of you start walking out of the school past the gym. You stop looking into the gym seeing some boys play volleyball. Michi didn't notice that you stopped walking so she kinda just kept going until she's a few feet away from you calling your name.

Though you didn't mind, you were still looking into the gym watching them play. It reminded you of your childhood so you just start daydreaming and drift off.

You and your dad always used to play volleyball, you even joined the volleyball team in middle school because you learned to love volleyball with all your heart. Even though you weren't the ace in the team, you were still one of the best setters in middle school. Playing volleyball was your dream, your passion, until one day.

At one match, after overworking yourself from too much training the days before, your legs just gave up while you were serving which resulted in you having a bad injury which brought your volleyball career to an end, because keep playing volleyball would probably just injure your leg more. You still casually played volleyball with your dad in your third year of middle school, you even got the allowence to start volleyball in Highschool again.. until he passed away.

It really broke your heart because you were always really close with your dad and he was one of the only person you could talk to about anything. At this point you completely gave up volleyball because it just reminded you of too much emotional and physical pain. You couldn't even look at a volleyball without completely breaking down. It was getting better over the time because you didn't have anything in your life relating to volleyball, but just now, seeing a volleyball game again, seeing the players serve and hit the volleyball, them having fun.. it just brought everything back. All the good memories you had while playing volleyball, the feeling you had on the volleyball field. But mostly you had the negative thoughts coming back.

Michi walked up to you and snapped you out of your daydreaming
"y/n what the hell are you doing- oh." She looked into the gym and saw them play volleyball, she knew how much pain volleyball caused you so she just wanted to distract you and knew better not to talk about it "uh come on lets just go grab some boba and go home, you look tired. Come on".

You just went with her not saying a word the whole time. The flashbacks and memories started to come back again. You had to fight with your tears holding them back because you didn't want to cry over something that happened so long ago. But even though it happened so long ago, doesn't mean that it stopped hurting you.

Michi looked over at you seeing you struggling holding your tears back. Of course she knew everything that has happened, she stopped walking and grabbed your arm so you would stop walking too. She just went in for a hug because she knew how much a simple hug meant to you.

"Come on let it out, it's worse to hold it in" she said rubbing your back, putting your head on her shoulder.

You finally let out some tears while she was just there, hugging you tight and reassuring you that everything will be fine. That's why she's your best friend. She always knows when something is up and what to do and what to say.

The both of you just stood there for some minutes when you picked yourself up again and wiped your tears away.

"Thank you" you said bluntly.

"Don't thank me you dumbass, it's the least I can do" she smiled while you both start walking home again.