¡ five

"Girl what is That important that you call me at 3am?" You told her on the phone kinda pissed because you just wanted to go back to sleep.

"You remember the boy from second year I told you about?" She asked me excitedly.

"Yess, Michi where are you going with this I just want to go back to sle-"

"HE ASKED ME TO COME TO HANG OUT WITH SOME OF HIS FRIENDS"

You were too tired to really understand what she just told you but then you really realised what she said "oh yeah well- WAIT WHAT"

"I KNOW RIGHT AHHH" she almost screamed "and you better hope that you're coming with me.

You sat there in shock, you hated hanging out with new people, ESPECIALLY older boys. "You know I don't want t-" she cut you off again because she knew what you were going to say.

"I don't care. I know that you don't like hanging out with new people but come onnnn I bet you'll like them. They are really funny and have the same dumb humour as we have" she said trying to convince you. You knew she wasn't going to give up and would just keep trying so you just gave in

"Fineee I'll come. But if something goes wrong and something happens-"

"I know I know it will all be my fault and we go home immediately. Girl i know you too well you don't have to tell my that every time"

It was quiet for a second "Ok so now that this is settled-" Michi was talking but got cut off by another loud sound coming from your living room.

"Uh yea Michi I'll go back to sleep now. See You tomorrow at school, good night" you hung up immediately and went to the living room just to see your mom and her 'new boyfriend' being drunk and loud as f#ck.

"Oh hi, if you could be at least a little bit more quiet, I have school tomorrow and I'm trying to sleep or else you're going to be mad at me in the morning again for being tired" you told your mom.

"Excuse me how are you talking to your mother like that?" Her piece of sh#t boyfriend yelled at you.

"Why are you talking to me? You can't tell me what I can and can't do, I don't even know your damn name. You're just here every night being loud as hell and I'm tired of it. You two can do whatever you want, I can't tell you what to do. But i am nicely asking you to be a bit quieter so I can at least try to sleep, please." You said sighing and on the verge of tears.

The both of them just stared at you not knowing what to say, your mom was giving you a sad and confused face, that wasn't normal for her, you were expecting her to yell at you but she just said "we'll be a bit quieter, you can go back to sleep, good night."

You looked at her in shock because you didn't expect such a nice response from her, she never liked seeing you cry, no matter how bad she treated you, she never realised it until she saw you cry.

You just walked away saying "good night".

You laid back onto your bed and just thought
'ok wtf was that, she didn't scream at me or was angry with me?'
'What did just happen'
some thoughts crossed your mind but you just decided to not care right now because she probably wasn't in the right headspace because she drank again.

You couldn't fall asleep so you searched for your earbuds to listen to some music. You couldn't find them when you remembered that you probably left them in the kitchen from earlier this evening, So you decided to sneak up into the kitchen. Your kitchen and living room was connected but you knew how to sneak into the kitchen without someone in the living room seeing you, at this point it was basically muscle memory.

You got up and went quietly into the kitchen looking for your earphones. You heard your mom and your boyfriend talking.

"You can't keep let her talking to you like this, she is your daughter, you should be the one angry." Her boyfriend told her in a dominant tone while your mom was sitting there on the verge of tears.

"It's not her fault, she just wanted to sleep and we were too loud, I mean it is pretty late and she has school tomorrow." Your mom tried defending you.

"So? That's not your problem. You shouldn't-" he quietly yelled, but your mom interrupted him,

"It is my problem, she is my daughter, she-", but he interrupted her by slapping her in the face.

You stood there in shock, not knowing what to do or if you should do or say something.

"Don't interrupt me again. Understand?" He told her, she just slightly nodded her head.

You knew he was kinda harsh but you didn't know that he was abusive. While just standing there in shock, your mom noticed you and just looked at you with a sad face, she didn't say anything and just shook her head because she knew that you wanted to help her, but it would probably just end up worse if you did something right now.
Her boyfriend gladly didn't notice you, so you went back to bed, not being able to sleep because of what you just witnessed.

You put your headphones in and turned your music on the highest volume.
By now it was around 4am and Michi was probably already asleep, you checked your socials and saw that kenma was still online. You knew he always made time for you no matter what because he basically knows everything that happened in your life, you could talk to him about anything at any time

Ken~

You
hey dummy do u have a minute??

You waited for an answer for about 5 minutes and just decided to give up because you thought he was asleep.
You laid your phone on your nightstand, continuing listening to music, till you got a notification.

Ken~
sorry I was in a Match, what's up?

You
idk what just happened, my moms bf slapped my mum.. I just, idk what to do

Ken~
omg y/n fuck im so sorry that's messed up, you wanna talk?

You
idk I just don't know what to do bc she saw me and just gestured to go away before anything happened

Ken~
shit
Maybe you could talk to her tmrw when he's gone

You
yea idk I'll see, depends on her mood.

Ken~
ok and now try to sleep dumbass

You
you too lmao, gn

After some minutes, listening to music you finally fell asleep.