¡ forty one

(Y/N)

Monday morning, and I woke up with a headache. When I turned around in bed Suna was no where to be found. I can't recall everything from last night, i was way too exhausted and fell asleep as soon as we got home.

But I'm pretty sure we fell asleep together in each others arms, I just wanted to be in his arms even though I was still confused about the whole situation.

It was good right? He didn't do anything wrong?

I slowly got up and my head pounded like I was just up all night crying my whole head out.

Before I even got the chance to get out of bed, Suna opened the door and entered the room, I'd lie if I say something didn't feel different.

We both just looked at each other whilst he walked up to me with tea and some pain killers in his hand.

"Thought you might need this." He handed me the cup and put the pills on his nightstand right next to his bed and sat down next to me.

On the way home last night or even in bed we didn't really talk about anything, wether it was about the situation or anything else.

I stared at the tea for god knows how long trying to get something out, but there were literally no thoughts in my head. It looked like I was searching for an answer in that damn cup.

I just wanted all of this to be over so we could finally move on together for good without anyone trying anything dumb. I couldn't even be mad at Suna, he just wanted the best for me.

Then why did I still feel sad?

I let out a sigh that felt like it has been built up for years in me and set the cup aside.

As soon as I lifted my head, wanting to look at Suna, I found him already staring at me with a sincere look he doesn't really wear that often.

Still, there was nothing I could say and apparently he didn't either. I just gave him a sad smile and was surprised when he brought up his hand to my cheek to brush away a tear I didn't even notice.

I blinked a few times and took a deep breath.

This is what I wanted. Just the two of us.

"I love you, Rin." I said and it almost sounded like a cry for help. It was the only thing that was on my mind. I do, I really do love him. And I don't know If I could ever stop. How can loving a person hurt so much?

"You still do?" He was genuinely concerned. Of course I still did, how couldn't I and why would he think something like that?

I looked at him in confusion, "of course I do," now I brought my hand up to his cheek, caressing his cheek because I know he loves that, especially when his mood is down. "My anger at our situation doesn't erase my love for you. I don't think anything ever could."

I'm glad he believed me, at least I think he does because he smiled and pulled me into a hug. I know his trust in others is as bad as mine is, but I know that I can always trust him, I want to believe that.

We basically sat there for a moment with my legs over his and my head on his shoulder.

"Desiree won't bug us anymore, babe." He quietly said but I recognised some relief in his voice.

I didn't have the power to have a full on conversation. "How?" I almost whispered.

"Let's just say I know some things about her family that could destroy their reputation if the info went public." He said, and I don't know if I only imagined it but if felt like he had to hold back his laughter a bit.