¡ twenty seven

A few days have passed and you tried your best to avoid Suna, more or less the whole volleyball team. It was probably for the better if there wouldn't be any contact between you or Suna.

At least this is what you thought. If it was true that he really had a girlfriend, it wasn't your fault that he kissed you, but you didn't want to be that person to break other people up. On the other hand, you thought about what Kuroo had told you, that she is just a crazy ex. There were so many things that didn't make any sense. It felt like you had all the pieces of a puzzle that just didn't fit together. Nothing really went together but you still tried to find connections between all of the things you were told. It almost made you crazy that nothing made sense.

Michi was still in contact with the guys, mostly because of Atsumu. Of course Suna has asked her what was going on with you, why you keep ignoring him and why you won't answer any of his texts. To your luck Michi always found a lie to come up with. But you knew it couldn't continue like this.

"Come on (y/n) you can't keep ignoring them," Michi snapped you out of your thoughts while the both of you ate lunch at your usual spot. "Look", you tilted your head up to her and looked at her, "I see how this destroys you, I can't imagine what it feels like getting so many mixed signals and so many random things about a person you like-"

"Okay first of all I don't like him." You interrupted her quickly. Michi gave you a disappointed face, knowing you are lying to yourself. "And-" you sighed, "I wanna talk to him but- I don't know I can't, why can't you ask him?" You tilted your head towards the gym.

"(Y/n), you know I would. But there's been some stuff between the two of you that I probably don't know about. This is between you and him only." As she said that, your mind drifted off to when Suna and you were alone in the gym where he reassured you of your past, when he took you to his favourite spot and him taking you home after the party, making sure nothing would happen to you.

You knew she was right, no one saw any of that or knew about it besides Suna and you.

"I mean you two kissed twice so-" her eyes widened and she slapped her hand against her mouth to shut herself up.

"WAIT" you looked at her, "so you saw us in the kitchen?" You didn't know if you were angry at her for lying or just relieved that she knew.

She only let out a quiet "mhm" hoping you weren't too mad at her.

It was silent for a bit. You were thinking of what you should do. You needed the truth, it wouldn't matter what he was going to say, you couldn't make up scenarios that could happen anymore.

"I'll talk to him".

Suna on the other hand wasn't any better. He didn't really know what was going on, of course he saw the videos and the photos of you from that night, but he weirdly didn't seem to care about that. The only thing that was on his mind was why you were ignoring him, he just wanted to talk to you again, he wanted to see your face and your smile. Deeply inside, he was hurting.

You decided to click on his chat and text him.

23 unread messages

"Fuck" you whispered as Michi was looking over on your phone seeing Sunas messages.

Behind the gym, after school

This was the only thing you sent him, you didn't want anything else for now, everything else needed to be said in person.

As if he was stalking your chat, the message was immediately read. He didn't answer so you assumed he was just going to be there.

The last few hours felt like they went by in slow-motion. There was so much you wanted to ask Suna, but you couldn't get it out somehow.

Finally the bell to your last period rang, you got out of your classroom and headed to the gym.

Some minutes have passed while you were waiting for Suna, you thought he wasn't going to come anymore so you decided to get your bag and leave. 

I should've known that he wasn't coming

But as you were going around the corner, there he was. You were almost running into him, looking him in the eyes again. These eyes that you could stare in for hours.

You didn't know what to say or if you should start the conversation.

"Sorry, uh Tsumu kept me in class." Suna apologised.

"Its fine" you said looking away.

"(Y/n)-"

"I can't do this anymore Suna" you quickly interrupted him.

He took a few steps away so you weren't as close anymore, he gave you a confused and sad look at once. His heart kind of dropped when you called him that instead of his nickname, "What do you mean (y/n)?".

"I don't know what I mean and I really don't know what I should say right now, but I can't live with this confusion" you tried to explain.

Suna didn't say anything, simply because he didn't know what to say or feel either at this moment.

"First you wanted to be friends, then you say all of those sweet things to me, you kissed me, then I hear about Desiree and ge-"

"Wait wait wait what?" He laughed, you didn't know why. "Is this what this is about?". He had a weird expression on his face you haven't seen before.

You stayed silent for a bit.

Is he laughing at me?

"Okay look" he put his hand on your chin and turned your face towards him so you would look at him. He let out a small chuckle, "I don't know what you have heard or seen. But Desiree is my ex girlfriend."

You smiled softly and let out a sigh, it felt like a big relieve. The moment and the realisation hit you, you realised that his hand was holding your face once again.

Oh god how I missed his touch

The smile on your face slowly faded "But Rin, I don't know what this is" you said pointing your index finger between the two of you. "I don't know where this is going, I can't keep living with these mixed signals and feelings".

He looked at you with a blank expression.

Please say something.. just something.

At this moment you really didn't know what to say or do, your hands were shaking. You were trying to think of something to say and looked away.

"(Y/n)"

You looked back at Suna, back into those eyes, the ones that you keep getting lost in. Taking a quick glance at his other features of his face. His beautiful hair that fell perfectly at both of the sides of his face, his soft skin and lastly, his soft lips. Oh how badly you wanted to kiss him again. 

He brought both his hands on each side of your cheeks and softly pulled you closer. "Dumbass" he smiled as he leaned in to kiss you. You immediately kissed him back. With his hands still on your cheeks and your hands over his shoulders, pulling him even closer, time felt like it stopped once again, but this time for good.

It felt so right, it felt like it was only the two of you in that moment and no one else. Like all of your problems just magically vanished.

The both of you just continuously kissed each other back, nothing sexual.

Just two souls finally connecting again.