¡ fourteen

'What was this feeling? I don't even know why I trust him'
many thoughts gathered in your head. Normally when you tell people about your past you instantly regret telling them because you don't know if you can trust them.

But this time it felt different, you weren't close with many people, but there was something about him that made you feel safe.

"You wanna head out? I kinda wanted to show you something" he asked if he was walking towards the door gesturing to leave the gym.

"Uh sure what is it?" You asked as he locked the gym door and you both began walking.

"You'll see" he said with a smile on his face.

You were walking for some minutes when you ended up on a hill with a view over the city, there was a bench that was directly under a tree, everything seemed like a typical romance movie you thought. The both of you sat down on the bench and admired the view.

"I normally came here when I wanted to relax and be alone, but since the boys always drag me out to go somewhere, I haven't been here in a long time." He said still looking down at the city, you looked at him admiring his face and saw his blank expression.
"This place was always special to me I don't even know why, my mum just always told me about this place 'up the hills with a view over the city'" he explained, making quotation marks with his fingers, "I haven't been here with anyone else", Suna turned to you.

You didn't say anything, you just nodded so he'd know that you listened, but you only wanted him to continue talking so you'd hear his voice.

You Wanted to break the silence when you heard your phone go off, you saw you had some texts from your mum.

"Fuck" you mumbled while Suna looked at you concerned, "Im so sorry but I gotta go my mum needs me" you got up from the bench "see you around" you said with a smile because he said those exact words to you before. He gave you a smile back and looked at you while you were almost running home because you forgot about what happened with your mum.

As you got home you saw that the car of her boyfriend luckily wasn't there, so he hopefully wasn't either.
You unlocked the door and searched for your mother.
"Sorry I'm late we hung out with some frie-" you stopped talking as you walked into your mothers room, you saw her covering up bruises on her face.

"Y/n? I told you to text me when you get home" she said turning around so you wouldn't see her face.

"Did- he do this? When did this happen and for how long is this going on?" You said in shaky voice because you didn't know what to do or what to say, you where just in shock that it was true that he abused her.

She didn't give you an answer, you just heard small sobs and immediately turned her around and hugged her. You both normally aren't that close to each other or comfort each other but you knew it was the right thing for now even though it seemed kind of weird at first.
You grabbed her a tissue and went into the living room to sit down and talk.

"Can you talk to me?" You softly asked her, not wanting to overstep her limits or comfort zone because you know what happens if you do.

"I didnt want him to hurt you" she almost whispered.

"What do you mean why would he hurt me?" You asked confused because you didn't know what she was talking about.

"He always tells me how you shouldn't talk to me like you do and finally set some limits, and if I won't, he said he would take it in his own hands"

You saw silent tears running down her face as she was talking.

"One day when you and me had a fight he wanted to 'step in' but I stopped him from going to your room because I didn't want him to hurt you, that's when-" she broke down again,

You held her in your arms, you never saw your mum that devastated, the last time you saw her cry was when your dad passed away, but even then she tried to hold herself together.

"I saw how he treated you but I didn't know it was that bad, im so sorry mum" you tried to say something that helps but you didn't know what, you just wanted her pain to go away. "We need to do something"

"I can't I-" she tried explaining as you cut her off before she could finish her sentence,

"No we can, I don't care how many people we have to include or how long it takes, he can't keep abusing you mum"

She didn't answer, you just held her for some time till she fell asleep from exhaustion on the couch, you covered her with blankets and went to your room.
You checked your phone as you fell onto your bed. Some messages from the group chat - as expected way too many, some from Kenma, Michi and ..Suna?

Rintarō

Rintarō
Hey, don't worry about leaving today, it sounded kinda serious I hope everythings okay with you and your mum

You were really debating on telling him what happened but you just decided to not include him for now

You
yea don't worry, just a false alarm

Rintarō
Ok thats good to hear

Its not that late, do you maybe still wanna hang out?

sumu asked me to go party w them but I don't feel like going out with them today

You
Sure:) what do u wanna do?

Rintarō
Well the question is if you prefer boba or coffee

You
Bobaaa :3

Rintarō
Boba it is

Okay so you, me, (Boba place's name), 6pm

You
i'll be there

You didn't realise that your door was open and your mom was looking at you while you were texting Suna.

"Texting Michi?" She kinda scared you which made you jump a little and put your phone away immediately.

"Yea uh I was just texting her" you said rubbing the back of your head nervously "how uhm how'd you know?" You tried acting not suspicious, normally you were good at lying, but when someone catches you at something you get nervous really quickly.

"You were just smiling at your phone, I figured its Michi, or someone new I don't know about?" She asked you.

You didn't even realise that you smiled at his texts, "Nonono it was her, she asked if im available because she needs help with some.. work" Your mum looked at you with a face that said 'we both know you're lying right now' but she didn't say anything.

"Is it okay if I go to hers around 6?"

She just nodded her head.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be alone when he's here"

"I'll be fine, he won't be here for a few days he's out of town so go, don't worry"

"Thanks" you said with a smile, she went back to the living room.

Your mum acted different, I mean of course probably because of him, but she was nicer almost. She cared about you more and let you do more things. Even though you know its probably because of what he did to her, but there's gotta be something else.

But at this moment you didn't care, she was safe and you just wanted to see Suna again.
You got ready and a few minutes before it was 6pm you arrived at the boba shop, where you saw Suna already waiting.