The report, Hawks.

This is Hawks and Anielle's theme song in my head. Hawks doesn't really mind the criminal lifestyle, but he was put into hero society. Anielle wanted to be a hero when she was younger. (That's a bit of a spoiler) but instead was forced into the life of an assassin to survive.

"Now I'm paralyzed," kind of gives the vibe that the two of them can't move from their lives. Even if they want to.

Hawks POV

I wasn't sure why the police had ordered patrols today. Usually, it was paperwork and reports of small crimes, so I was intrigued. At least until I received the districts we had to watch. Anielle and the Hunter's were at the top of that list. I was partnered with Endeavor's agency, which didn't bother me, but made it suspicious when I requested to patrol Anielle's block alone. They let me nobody, in my agency could argue.

So, I filed our arrangements; and the police stationed in the gaps along the map. They wouldn't tell me why this was all happening though.

I was able to find a rooftop across and two houses down from her home and base. Then I settled in expecting nothing of interest.

Instead, not even two hours into my watch a group of people made their way directly to the Hunter's home. I let my eyes focus on them, and registered the league of villains. Their leader, that we knew of from the USJ attack, Shigaraki was at the front followed closely by a girl with blonde hair who couldn't be out of high school. And to her left the man I recognized from last night. Black hair, scars, and staples.

Suddenly, my ear piece barked orders that I couldn't catch. "Repeat," I say adjusting the volume. "Anything on your end?" Endeavor's voice questioned. "A group of people just came into my sights," I respond.

"Who?" He asked.

"How would I know?" I lie.

"Because your voice goes funny when your leaving something out."

I sigh. "League of Villains, the ones who attacked your sons school; and were allied with Overhaul,"

"Anything suspicious?"

"No, it seems they are either heading home, or visiting somebody. No weapons. Or costumes."

"Stay close to them, but keep an eye out for anything else."

I turn my mic off in response. Moving slowly to a closer house. As they walk inside.

It was always like this. Even when your rank increased The Hero Commission and Police wouldn't tell you anything. Unless, of course, they needed your quirk. They left their dirty work to us, not to tarnish their reputation. Because drama could start with us like celebrities, but never the government.

Some days, watching the easy banter, and discussion through people who most would call criminals led me to jealousy. The fact that others, maybe even the girl I- the girl I would give my life for, had tried to kill themselves, and that these people saved them without anything in return. No people trying to invade their lives. No government controlling their very lives. Gods, it would be nice to be that free.
________________________________
Anielle POV

As the league left I made my way downstairs and out the back door. Into the city. I had a bit of change on me, and so I stopped by the little old woman who sells hot chocolate and drop the change into her jar. She handed me the cup smiling. A chilly breeze rushes through the city, and I notice that everybody has coats, or scarves on.

It was late in the season. Snow could be reasonable this time of year. So I slipped away, to a old building that was up for rent. My hands clutch the warm cup as the air settles. The sky shifts. The whole day gone in a stupid meeting. Hues of pink, and orange mix with blue.

The buildings roof is flat concrete. Overlooking the small district of the city. I seat myself down in the center of the roof. Sipping from my cup, now cool enough to not burn myself, I frown.

Remembering when I was little, how I wished to use my quirk to help the world. I wanted to be a hero! I had my whole persona planned out. I was going to be The Freezing Hero, Glacier. My little heart had planned on training with Hawks, and- and with Loralee. She had wanted to be in the same agency with me, and him. I don't notice the tears slowly streaming down my face, until the metal stairs creak. Whipping my head towards the noise I see Dabi standing there. In a hoodie?

"Hey," he says before getting a good look at my face. "Wait- why are you crying?" His footsteps quicken until he's crouching down in front of me.

"Oh it's nothing- just the cold," I respond wiping my face.

"Liar," grabbing my chin he stares at me. His hand warm.

Then it drops. He takes off the black hoodie he's wearing, and shoves it at me.

"If your really that cold," he says turning away. I set my cup down and slip it on over my head. It's at least two sizes to big and my finger barely reach the ends of the sleeves.

"Now why were you really crying?" He huffs out.

"I- well- I was just thinking,"

"About?"

"You don't want to hear about it,"

"Try me,"

"No."

"Yes."

I stare at him for awhile before speaking.

"You sure?"

"Yeah dumbass,"

"Well, before he died, scratch that, before I killed him. My father worked for the hero commission."

Dabi turns to me. Looking almost shocked.

"I wanted to be a hero. He was training someone, who's like a older brother to me, to be a hero. Me and my sister both had our hero names picked out. And well now I'm here. A criminal. An assassin, for gods sakes. My mom- oh my mom would have my head if she knew."

"I want to be free, Dabi. They all say that their gonna put us criminals behind bars. Put us in a cage. But aren't the real monsters what's outside the cage?"

He nods his head ever so slightly. Before wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I ask muffled into his shirt.

"I'm cold,"

Total Word Count: 1055

Dam that got long quick. Shoutout to my English teacher from last year who's reading this! I have like no substantial plot at all but we're winging it. Until we meet again...

-S. O. Sullivan