Excuse Me?!

Anielle POV

I went into my room and found some clothes hanging in the closet. They were definitely meant with somebody who has a bigger chest than me, but I could make do.

I grabbed a plain white turtleneck, denim jacket, and pair of black leggings. Throwing them on my bed I take off my clothes. I toss them into a hamper and see myself in the mirror. From the neck up I looked fine, but besides that...

I had muscle. I was toned, and in shape. But everything was sunken in. I had bruises that clung to me, and hadn't healed in the weeks past. I saw my eyes. Usually bright, and a feature I admired, now dull and broken. Like an old dirty window.

Shaking my head I turn away. Slipping the sweater on and then tugging on the tight pants, wiggling them around my feet. Lastly I throw on the jacket and pull my hair out of the neckline. I comb through it with my hands, and then toss it over my shoulder.

When I run from my room I find Rei waiting, keys dangling from her hand. She looks me up and down before smiling and gesturing for me to follow her.

We slip outside, and into the car. She turns on a random radio station and fall into silence. She hums along watching out the window. I sit there, back straight, and wait.

It wasn't as long as I was expecting by a long shot. Maybe ten minutes later a plaza with shops came into view. Parking took a while, but once we were done it was directly to the stores.

"Here," Rei says. She hands me a credit card and a list.

"Get what's on there, and anything you want or need, and meet me at the car by noon," she says. I peer at the list, and find it to just be household items. She turns away to do her own shopping when I call out:

"Wait, um, what should I get?" I ask. Stuttering over my words.

She laughs softly. "Whatever you want dear, it's not my credit card, it's my husbands spare, make his pockets hurt if you feel like it,"

And then she was gone.

I do her shopping first. Budgeting out everything, remembering that the man paying these bills had hurt and put Rei in a mental hospital.

It didn't make me feel any better about the money though.

Eventually I couldn't put off doing my own shopping. I couldn't live exercise or train in these clothes, so I ended up just slipping into a small clothing outlet that had sports wear.

I found a few bras in my size. The ones I had didn't fit well, and were suffocating. They were reasonably priced. Then I grabbed a few oversized hoodies, and sweatpants from the men's rack. They looked comfortable enough, and would be good for the amount of time I spent in the cottage.

I dropped them on the counter, and found a male cashier around my age staring back at me.

"Hey there," he says, ringing up the few items.
"Hi," I respond. Zoning out.
"These for your boyfriend?" He asks lifting up the men's clothes.
"Oh, well- you see- I'm actually getting them for myself," I say awkwardly laughing.
"Hey no shame in that," he says smiling back at me.
"So are you new to the area?" He asks, and I realize that he was working painfully slow to fold up the clothes.
"Yeah, I'm staying with my mom, I live in the city," I say, lying.
"Damn, you see the heroes around all day?" Sounding almost like a fanboy. I imagine Hawks, and almost laugh again.
"Yeah here and there,"
"I'll tell you what, there's a part of the beach not to far from here, probably ten minutes or so that way," he pauses to point in the direction Me and Rei had come from. "Me and some friends of mine hang out around there every night, stop by whenever,"

I hand him the card, and sign in a scribble.

"Maybe I'll see you around-" I pause to look at his name tag "Raven." And grab me bag, glancing over my shoulder once as I left the store.

Fuck. Almost no time had passed and I still had two hours. I ended up grabbing a backpack from a nearby store, and running into a bathroom to transfer my stuff into the easier bag.

With time to spare I found a small tea shop, and bought what seemed like a good blend for Rei. Jasmine, Rosehips, Chamomile, and Peppermint. I got the tin, and ended up almost running over a little girl rushing out.

She had firey red eyes, and spiky strawberry blonde hair. Taking a closer look at her, there wasn't much difference in age between her and Rileigh.

"I'm sorry, are you ok?" I ask kneeling down to her. She seemed shocked that anyone had spoken to her.
"Oh yeah, I'm fine, just a little lost," she scratches her neck looking at me.
"I'm not sure what I can do, but why don't you walk with me just to be safe, you can leave at anytime. I promise." I say holding out my hand. She takes it and we start away. I get her ice cream at one point, in an attempt to cheer her up. We sat down and talk lightly.

Her name was Shizuki, she wanted to be a hero when she was older but if that didn't happen an artist was her next hope. And she had an older brother named Eijirou who was trading to be a hero at UA.

Honestly a pretty interesting kid. But when I heard someone call out her name I was surprised to say the least.

Two teenage boys made their way towards us. One with spiky red hair that looked anything but natural, and one with an angry expression who looked about ready to kill me.

The red headed one came running over, falling to his knees to look at the girl. He then turned to me. But before he spoke a word the little girl piped up.

"Ei, meet Anielle, she's really nice and I think she might be an undercover hero," Shizuki loudly whispered in his ear. I offer him my hand and we both stand up.

"Nice to meet you," I say.

"Thank you for finding her," Eijirou says.

The little girl made her way over to the angry boy.

"Bakugou say hi," she says pulling on his pants. His eyes soften as he looks at her, but he still only scoffs when he looks to me.

"I'll be on my way if you don't plan on losing her again," I say, smiling to the two boys.

"Yeah, My mom is going to kill me but she's always quiet so it's hard to tell," the redhead says smiling just enough so that I can see his spiked teeth.

"Maybe you just don't listen close enough," I say turning away and keeping my eyes forward.

I still overhear Shizuki say: "She's my hero," to the two boys as they walked away.

Oh if only you knew kiddo. I think to myself, smiling.

Total Word Count: 1210