Sweet Dreams

Anielle POV

Keigo standing around that corner had stunned me, I'd planned for guards, I'd planned for quirks, but I thought he would give up.

Instead he led us around halls, and through the building. I glanced to Touya every few moments, but he seemed fixated on his own thoughts.

I wasn't sure what I was doing, I think at this point adrenaline was the only thing keeping me from falling over.

I hadn't heard a single guard since we fled from the others. Guilt tripped in my stomach from the injuries they might have received, it hadn't been there fault. It hadn't been that boy's fault. They were slaves.

"Out we go," Keigo held open a door, it led to a dark, but silent, corridor. I looked at him quizzically, but Touya held a hand to the center of my back, keeping me moving forwards.

"Where does this lead?"

"Directly outside," Keigo states.

Touya nods and I follow behind him closely. I don't stumble over the uneven ground, instead tapping my foot gently before moving forwards.

"How do you know they can't see us in here?" Touya asked.

"There aren't camera's, they shuffle criminals, and other people, they don't want to be seen through this hall. It's how they brought you in,"  Keigo responds grimly.

"Wait," I say, and both of them turn to look at me. "They can't see us in here, which means we have a small amount of time to figure out a plan,"

"Plan?" Keigo laughed. "Seriously Anielle, when the fuck did this whole idea of yours ever have a plan?"

"Hey," Touya shifted his position so that he was between the two of them. "All I can say is that you both risked your lives getting me out of there, so being smart right now is necessary so that our risk was worth it."

Keigo looked him up and down, shaking his head and pinching his brow. "Ok, fine. Plan,"

"I'll take you to the end of this tunnel, once we get out you make a scene." Keigo starts. "It will alert the guards but there is nothing fast enough to stop you from getting your asses out of there. I'll act like I lost, that you two had the upper hand,"

"That puts you at to much risk," I  frowned.

"This whole thing is risk." Keigo answers. "You two will get out of the city, fuck that, get out of the region. I recommend the coast, it'll be nice to settle down on," Keigo sighs. "When they give up looking for you, we'll meet up again. Clear your names,"

"How do we know they'll stop searching?" I purse my lips, a wrong feeling creeping up my spine.

"If they don't we come forward with a court case against them, the hero commission can't stop three children of their commission from testifying." Keigo shrugs.

"Your saying we shut them down?" Touya stares at him.

"We can, and we should." Keigo answers. "Look at all the good they've done." He sighs. "You, your mom and sister were killed by one of there heroes, and they covered up the entire thing." He points to me. "You almost died in their training, and before that your mom and siblings were at risk because of Endeavor." He looks to Touya. "They killed my mom too, and my dad's long gone."

"So we shut them down," I nodded.

"We build it up again, as a better system," Touya added, the other two stared at him. "For my little brother, and Toga, and all of the kids who wanted to be heroes before they realized that there were no heroes all along."

"We build it anew." I agreed.

"A new symbol of peace," Keigo added.

"A new protection system," Touya continued.

"And a beginning to the end of our era, the era of those who weren't saved." I finished.

The group nodded, and I inhaled before throwing myself back into movement. I  hurried down the hall, not stopping for a second, trying to make up our time.

The other two followed me closely, until they came to an end with a flickering, caged light, and a door.

"Ready?"

"As we'll ever be," Keigo answers.

I unlatch the door and throw it forward. A gasp escaping my lips as pain strikes up my arm.

I run outside, collecting water from the ground and atmosphere. Immediately Touya falls to my side and we hold a defensive position.

Keigo's entire body shifts to an act. It was a very convincing act, but the flicker of his eyes as he lunged towards us kept our faith.

I dodged his movement. Gently settling water vapor onto him and freezing it to stiffen his movements.

He slowed, even though the ice melted almost immediately.

Touya throws up walls of fire, one after the other, until we hear the sound of guards.

"That's our first cue," Keigo mutters, lunging just enough to the side that I can make an elaborate duck away. "You fucking run like hell when the come into view."

Touya jogs to my side, pulling up fire around us and cupping it in his hands as we banter back and forth.

I see the first guard not an instant later.

"Go," Keigo breathes.

I nod, Touya and I both sprinting towards the open city.

I hear the crowd of guards group around where we had been, and I slow as black edges my vision.

My feet feel like lead, and the sense of water around me disappears. Instead, I'm thrown to the challenge of a person with no quirk.

Fuck. I think.

Touya slows down so that he is just in front of me when I hear the first gun shot.

It goes wide, and misses us both.

"Hawks! Go after them," Somebody yells.

"Quirk overuse," He tries.

"I don't give a fuck if you fly or sprint, but we need somebody on their trail," The same person yells, and I cringe.

Then another gunshot fires.

It goes left and I watch it crater into a stone building.

Several bangs follow after that, but I don't dare look back, the buildings were tight together, and the nearest road was just ahead of us.

I heard another gunshot but this one didn't echo into a building.

Instead there was a yell, and a loud thud.

Touya hears it to, because he spins on his heel, staring at me. His gaze then shifts behind me, and his eyes widen.

"What?" I ask as he pulls me forwards back into a jog.

"We need to go,"

I turn my head slightly, and I see the guards frozen.

My eyes follow the trail of footsteps and I feel my knees buckle.

The thud hadn't been a malfunction, or one of the two of us.

No.

Instead I saw a pair of red wings draped to the side, and a body laying on the ground.

I felt my stomach twist, and Touyas arms wrapped around my waist as he threw me forwards.

I heard a scream, and I didn't realize that it was my own until my throat felt hoarse.

Then there were cars and people and so much noise surrounding me, my ears rang.

I couldn't focus on my movements, instead just shuffling along at Touya's side as the world went fuzzy.

Word Count: 1224