The Hunters

Hey guys! If ur reading this thank you!!! I just wanted to clarify that this is not x reader, or x insert. Anielle is an OC of mine, and I will try to find an illustration of mine to share with y'all. Also The Hunters are my own work so please don't steal them! (I will find u )

The hunt had been easy that was for sure.  I knew I couldn't show it on these back streets, but I had overused my quirk and gods was I tired. I kept my chin high as I made my way to base. I kept an eye out for scouts, and any other sketchy characters but for the most part I didn't care. Soon enough I came to my stop and I walked down our stairs, and unlocked the door. I heard the commotion of home almost immediately, but I made to clean myself up before giving my report. I eventually slid into my room and found Rileigh on my bed.
"Your finally back," she exclaims launching herself at me.
"Yeah squirt," I say hugging her and ruffling her dyed pink and blue hair.
"It was pretty boring today," I say walking into our bathroom. One of the perks of being top hunters.
"Better than being stuck here all the time," she says watching as I clean up and handing me a clean set of clothes.
"I told you I would ask if you could come on patrol." I look over at my shoulder to see her pouting.
"I know, but Artemis would never let me out of the den while she still can use my quirk." I nod sadly at the girl as I pull my hair up. Rileigh had been brought into the hunters the same way I had, and we were as close as could be. It still hurt me to watch her sit around like a slave only brought out when she needed to be used. Her quirk was unbelievably strong, and it led to her becoming a top member within months. I watch as she sits back on her bed and grabs a book to read while I'm gone.
"How about I bring you another one of those tomorrow?" I ask nodding at the novel she's reading.
"Really?" She says looking up, and I nod. She jumps off her bed to give me a hug while I fold my arms around her. She pulls back and I head to the door. I wave goodbye, and head down the hall catching a couple of looks as I walk down the hall. I wouldn't say they were all nice, coming to the top wasn't easy. Though I wasn't the top I was just a girl who had fought more than anybody else. Finally I turn a corner and stumble across my girlfriend in the hall in front of me. Ex-girlfriend I correct myself. We had broken things off just over a month ago. She nods at me and I do the same before walking past and into our leaders office.

"Your late," she says turning to face me as I shut the door.
"I know, I'm sorry," I say bowing my head in apology.
"Well good riddance," she says "I thought I was going to see you a mess, at least you cleaned up." Artemis says facing me. I laugh at that and she does the same before coming over and hugging me.
"I remember when you were just a toddler wandering these halls," She says smiling to me. I nod remembering the years of training.
"Report," she says finally.
"I took care of the list." I say not bringing up the man who had caught me on the first hunt of the day. "No issues I assume," she says peering at me. I nod, and turn to take my leave.  
"So eager to leave?" She asks looking at me intently.
"I promised Rileigh we would hang out tonight," I say because I had agreed to that weeks ago.
"Oh alright, but preferably if your going to dye somebody's hair this time make it less bright," she says looking at me with a raised brow. I nod remembering her surprise when Rileigh had shown up to her training with pink and blue hair. 

I turn and walk from the room heading back to my own when an alarm sounds. I turn on my heel as Artemis walks out of her office, and heads upstairs gesturing for me to follow. We walk upstairs the women nimble in her old age. Until finally we arrive in the house above our base. Kyla, Artemis's own granddaughter, runs up to us. "Somebody's at the door asking for you," she says looking to her grandmother. Artemis nods, and heads to answer it as we walk into the living room and sit to wait. Other hunters file pass as Artemis talks until finally I turn to Kyla and ask:
"What do they want?"
"I don't know they wouldn't say anything until they got to speak with her," Kyla looks over at me.
"Weren't you and Rileigh hanging tonight?" I nod. As a hunter I was gone on missions often, and Kyla became Rileigh's trainer and friend. I guess you could say she was my best friend as well. "I need to get my hair redone if your up for it?" I look over to find her grinning and I couldn't stop myself from smiling mischievously in return. Then, Artemis returned to the room. We bolt up from our seats.

"He wishes to speak with you," she says pointing at me.
"What?" I ask confused. One, we were an all female unit, so any men here was new. Two, who would want to speak with me? Then it hit me like a brick. *cackles in Percy Jackson reference number 2*
"I think you know who, and what." Artemis says flatly and I follow her to the door.  Finally we reach it, and she opens the door and says to the figure outside:
"She is here, she will speak with you, and you may come to an agreement amongst yourselves." Then she steps inside grabs my jacket and shoves me outside shutting the door behind me.

I turn to look at the man.

"Hello again," he says.

Total Word Count: 1046 words

Thanks for reading!!! I don't know when my next update will be so sorry in advance! I am living for the tension to come in following chapters. This most likely will be enemies to lovers for all y'all wondering.