Run, Your Own Life Depends On It

"Agreed," I mutter. And she moves towards the door. A lingering cold trailing behind her.

The steel door gets thrown open with the force she can muster and Anielle stumbles into the hall, stepping gingerly over a body waiting.

"What now?" I ask following her into the building.

"Now you have to get out of here," She says, looking at me.

"Ok, then lead the way,"

"Promise me something first," She scratches her neck, glancing around.

"What?"

"If we get in any sort of trouble you get your ass out of here so that it was worth it,"

"We're going to get out of here," I answer. Knowing she wanted me to say I'd leave her behind, if it meant my own safety. She purses her lips, but just nods.

"Follow close," She says, and gracefully starts running down a silent hall. I keep on her trail, and notice the shift in the air. Going from the hot stale that we'd originally stumbled into, now a cool and humid atmosphere.

"What was that?" A voice from seemingly nowhere calls out and Anielle halts in her tracks.

Then there's footprints on us and a door appears from nowhere the wall folding in on itself like paper.

"We've found the villains, code blue," A man yells into his microphone while the rest of his men start forward.

I stare at the man who sent the message, and my eyes catch on the young boy behind him who gets hurried away. The wall, the way it moved, that was his quirk.

I realize as I back towards Anielle and away from the guards nearing us.

She threw herself into a defensive stance and I followed.

"Shit," Anielle breathed, and I lit a small ring of fire around us that left the guards stumbling backwards.

"What?" I ask, resting my hand on her shoulder lightly.

"It's nothing," She seethed, clutching her arm.

"Quit being stubborn," I slip my hand under her own and see the burns lingering on her forearm singed fabric bordering blistered skin.

"Jesus fuck," She grits her teeth and grabs my shoulder squeezing tightly.

"Let's go," I whisper and she nods turning towards the hall.

Suddenly water began to gather slightly, I felt the sweat peel off my skin and Anielle whimpered.

Then it fell. Dowsing the flames and steam pooled into the air. There was yelling and people running about as the air blistered away.

"We've got to go," I murmur and Anielle nods. I snag her hand in my own and gently tug her along as she manipulated the water vapor allowing us a path down the hall.

I pushed Anielle in front of me and kept the wall of fire behind us burning.

"What do you mean they got out?" A voice in front of us calls and Anielle seizes. I recognize it too and flinch at the tone.

"Keigo?" Anielle questions, and I freeze.

"Fuck." I hear him mutter under his breath. "Yeah I'll find them, get Endeavor and Midoriya to the hospital."

"What are you two doing?" He asks from around the corner. None of us making a move towards the other, but all of us refusing to turn back.

"We've got to go Keigo," Anielle whispers.

"I know," He pauses. "God damn it Anielle why did you have to be so good at this." He strides around the corner and his jacket was missing. A printed Tshirt and the rest of his hero costume were tattered.

"They went this way!" A voice called from one of the guards from earlier.

"Keep running," Keigo ushers us forwards and Anielle follows him without question. I knew their relationship from the past was holding us all together.

Anielle was angry with him, probably always would be. But she loved him like a brother and he had brought her a joy she needed to know. It wasn't a job I could've taken and so he had my thanks.

Anielle had taught him lessons in turn. The idea of family in whatever twisted way they could. And he loved her. I could understand that.

Jealousy had me watching the ground as we ran besides.

Total Word Count: 694

Jeez this is short. Sorry about that.

Anyways here's my explanation for my absence, and lack of posting.

Writers block hit me really hard so I was taking a week break and then my family went through some stuff, we had to move and I'm getting ready for a new school so I haven't had time to just write in awhile.

My summer writing schedule went out of wack but I'm doing some online schooling which will give me time to post more.