Rei Todoroki had Skeleton's in Her Closet That She Wished to Keep There

I know I said in the last chapter that I would be spamming updates, but I've come up with a few story ideas which are in my WIP book on my profile. If you would be as kind as to check them out and avoid the chapter on this one (cuz spoilers). I plan to start another running story on this profile to increase traffic and readers.

<3

Anielle POV

Why the fuck is he here? And who else is with him? There is a chance for us to get out my bedroom window if he passes the room. I could possibly outrun him, and if I had my quirk I could take him head on while Rei had a chance to escape. My brain rattles off ideas while I pinch my fingers into my hips. He shouldn't be here. 

I knew he was her husband. I'd made the connection after a few mentions of her last name, and her children's names. It sickened me what he'd done, and now he was here. After the only freedom she had. 

"You useless bastard, she was put into that hospital for a reason!" I hear his voice rattle through the house and at Rei's sharp inhale I turn to look at her again. 

Her hands were cupped over her mouth and tears streamed down her face. Her entire body was shaking, and I feared she would collapse. 

Rushing to her side I wrap my arms around her, one looping behind her neck and the other on her waist. I felt her body weight lean on me, and brace my legs in a stance to hold us both upright. 

"Endeavor, your wife isn't in my home, your children visited her today, she couldn't have made it here in the time in between your visits without a car, which she did not have access to." 

"Doctor, with all do respect, I do not believe a single fucking thing coming out of your mouth right now," 

"Sir, I can't force you to believe anything I say," The other voice, the doctor, answered. I felt Rei's breathing slow, before we felt the floor shift above us, as someone heavy rushed forward.

There was a crash, I heard someone choking, but I didn't mention it. Instead I removed myself from Rei's arms setting her down on the stone flooring. I twist on my heel and make sure the movement hadn't stopped, that nobody had heard me. The choking continued, and I couldn't make out what the muffled voice was saying.

"No-" Rei breathed, staring at me as I made my way to the ladder. If her voice rose above a whisper there was a chance it could be heard, and she wasn't willing to take that risk. I knew it, and so did she.

I didn't stop. Not when she stood up, not when she stumbled making her way over, not when she grabbed my arm.

"Climb up after me, he'll follow me, I know he will," I say, and her tears fall faster, as she shakes her head. no. 

"Yes." I say with finality, climbing the ladder and pushing the trap door up. I keep it silent, and settle it back down. Resting the edge on the rug, not risking the sound of wood on wood. 

My steps don't falter as I make my way from the bedroom, to the hall. I hear the body dropped, and I pray the man landed on his feet, that his body didn't collapse limply. 

I continue forward until I am standing staring into the room above the cellar. 

Endeavor stands staring back at me.

"Who the hell are you?" His gruff voice asks, not in his hero costume I note. Instead his hands were tipped with flames.

"Oh Endeavor, has it really been that long? We've run into each other before," I say.

His angry stare is enough for me to shift my gaze. To the man laying on the ground. His neck was seared, and the stench caught my nose. The way it was melted there was no question on his state. The doctor was dead. 

"Let me give you something to freshen your mind. Eight years ago. Your son. Not the one attending UA, no no no, I'm talking about your oldest." I start, turning my gaze smugly back to him.

"He had run away from the hero commission and you, Oh I remember the way he moved like a scared dear. You hired an assassin to kill him." The man before me begins to clench his fists, and I let a wicked smile curve my features. To distract from the ever light creak of Rei climbing the ladder.

"You never were told who all your papers, and money went to. Never were told who brought that family ring back. Never told who killed Touya Todoroki." That's when his breathing stops.

"You couldn't have, you're the same age as him. You couldn't have killed him." The man before me says, trying to justify the truth as lies.

"Why couldn't I?" I ask and start towards the side door. It's just a shift in weight, movement of a foot. But he notices it and matches my change.

"Because you're just a girl. He was killed by Frostbite, one of the most feared assassins in Japan." I think he realizes then, from the change in his eyes, that it was very well possible that Frostbite was standing right before him. 

"Catch me if you can Endeavor," 

Leaping to the side I lunge for the door, It was just a latched handle that took barely a second for me to barrel through. His reaction time was sad to see in action, it took him by the time I was running down the beach to make it to the door.

I hear his yell behind me and laugh. The direction was simple, a beach couldn't be that hard to use as a trail. I turn and peer over my shoulder. There he was sprinting after me using his fire to move quicker. It was quickly dissipated by the salt water in the air. 

I was thankful for my stamina then as I continued to sprint. I made a quick glance to see a flash of white hair flee the cottage, and soon Endeavor was nearing me. No matter how many years I'd put into my figure, his pure strength and practice as a Pro-Hero was an obvious advantage.

I'd made it far enough though. So when I spun around and he lunged for my wrists I could slip under and around him. Popping back up behind his figure I kicked out at the backs of his knees. I struck home on one and it buckled forward. 

That move cost me though because I had to take moments to collect myself upwards, and he had already spun on me. Don't take your eyes off him, I mentally scold myself. Take your eyes off your opponent, and it's like offering yourself up on a silver platter. 

Flinching I attempted to regain time. Using my obvious smaller size against him. I wasn't short by any means, but Endeavor still stood a head taller than me. And he was a hell of a lot larger everywhere else as well. Bloody hell, he probably could fill out a larger bra size than me. 

I wasn't prepared for him to light his hands aflame, I thought that it maybe was a moral rule that if someone else doesn't use their quirk, you don't either. But apparently that was not a good thought to be putting money on.

He attempted to rush me. Lowering himself and heading for my waist. I lunge out of the way lashing out and kicking him square to the temple.

"Shit-" He let's out when he's thrown onto his back. I take this chance to bounce off my hands and land on him. Crouching on his chest, I land my hands down on his wrists, and jump upwards. Toe pointing like a ballerina i let my foot slam into his throat, and watch as his eyes bulge before his body freezes, and stops.

Thank god that worked. I let out a breath. Hopefully, he'd stay knocked out for an hour or so. It would give me enough time to get the hell out of dodge.

I jog trying to catch my breath, slowing when my vision fuzzes, and finally arriving to the point I had been at yesterday.

The cylindrical concrete tunnels were as good as meeting place as I could think of on the beach, and when I spotted the car I let out a laugh of joy, Whatever exhaustion had been weighing down on me momentarily lifted as I lunged towards the vehicle,

I ripped it open and collapsed into the seat.

Rei looked over at me. Confused by the joy spread across my features, but still pushed the car into drive and sped away.

Total Word Count: 1422