Dabi Didn't Know if He'd Survive This

Dabi POV

When I blinked my eyes open I wasn't aware of where I was, what had happened, and why the fuck my arms were cuffed to a chair. 

Albeit, when the initial shock began to fade I was able to take in the room around me. 

It was sterile, white and hospital like. If hospitals reeked of stale blood, smoke, and what could only be some sort of toxic acid.

I froze.

What the hell happened?

I was in a prison, of some cruel sort. It was hero owned, it had to be from the technology. There were the sensors clipped to my arms, cameras lingering in each corner, and a beeping coming from somewhere behind me. No gang, not a single one in the area could afford this level of security and tech at the same time. 

It stung to keep moving around, so I let myself fall limply against the backrest, and tried to remember what had happened.

Me and Keigo had been searching for Anielle, Ryleigh had been with us, and then I was at home. Then it was morning? A pain that stung my leg... and now I was here.

Everything felt fuzzy, when I took the time to try and fill in those blanks. I lift my hand to my face to rub my eyes, when it's stung by cold metal. Oh right, handcuffs. I tugged against each of them again, nothing budged, and I could see the seam of where they clipped in place. 

 I gritted my teeth, snapping my fingers for a few sparks before my hand was alight. It stung a bit, nut as I strained my wrist nothing seemed to occur. Then there is the click of a door, and the shuffle of to long pants.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Dabi," A voice behind me says. I tug at them again, but let the flames flicker out. 

"Why not?" I say, my voice is hoarse though, and it comes out weak. There is a chuckle before a man steps around, so that I can see him. 

His hair is dark, yet not black or brown. Similar to the dull green you find at the bottom of a lake. There is something sorrowful written across his features, and he has facial hair just peeking through on his cheekbones. There is something nervous about the tapping of his foot, yet there is a grim expression lingering on his face.

"I have some questions for you-" He begins.

"Go to hell." I spit.

"Are we really going have to do this the violent way?" He questions, tone taking on that of someone who'd be happy to 'do this the violent way.'

I don't respond, but instead smirk. My smile curling just enough for it to be cruel. I don't even have time to flinch before his hand strikes me hard across the jaw. 

"You really are just a foolish boy," He sneers. 

"Try me, bastard." 

"How many people have you killed in cold blood?" He asks. None, I think. 

"47." I respond. "I don't regret a single one."

The man curls his fingers into a fist and swings again at my face, I don't hesitate when I blow a single breath of flame towards the hand. 

Yet, it still connects squarely against my cheek.

He leans in real close then, as I feel something crack when I bite down. 

"Fire doesn't work on me," He says, blowing his own breath onto his palm. A small orange flame appeared, and I try to choke back a laugh. 

It was a small thing, compared to the storm I could create around me, yet the man seemed to struggle, sweat dripping down his forehead. That's when the room temperature seemed to register. It wasn't simmering by any means, but still unnaturally warm. 

"What about my son?" The man utters under his breath. 

"What?" I ask, confused.

"My son. Izuku Midoriya. You, and your league, attacked my him and his class at UA."

I try to place the name, while green eyes stare at me. My eyes widen, the green haired boy with freckles, that was his son. I feel my jaw go slack, gaping.

"You sick-" He pauses the insult grabbing my face. 

I expect another blow to the jaw, or cheek. Yet my breath was sharply taken when his knee went to my stomach. He throws my head back, with enough force that it cracks against the seat. 

"Alright, alright," The man, Midoriya, mutters. Taking his hand away from his ear.

"So you're the heroes mutt," I throw the insult aimlessly, but he flinches. 

"You shouldn't be talking if you want to live long enough to get put in Tartarus," He growls. Growls. Mutt might be suiting after all, I chuckle, and it costs me a kick to the shin. 

"If I didn't need information from you, I'd shoot you right here."

"Do it." I sigh in response, gaze drifting to the gun he unclips from his side.

"Can't, not yet." He says. 

"Why? You caught me, can't be hard to get someone else." The league would have fled. We had an escape plan. If any of us were taken we ran. 

"They're dead."

It hits like a blow to the gut. My head shoots up to stare at him. No. I pull at my wrists, but the metal just digs into them, and doesn't budge. 

"Oh, that gets a rise out of you," Midoriya grins wickedly. "Well they're not all dead, but it would be cruel to torture a little girl."

Toga?

"What?" I ask.

"Don't get me wrong, that little blonde schoolgirl you have around is cute, but I thought I'd try my hand with you first." He pauses. "I could probably hurt her just as much, if that would work for getting the information I need." They wouldn't. I think. Toga's a girl, a fucking kid, they wouldn't hurt her, they're heroes. 

"So it's up to you-" He drawls.

"Stay the fuck away from my sister." I spit. I expect another wicked smile, I shouldn't have said that.

"Sister?" He laughs out instead, walking over to me again. "You don't have a family, nobody would want you."

I open my mouth to respond, but he's already begun again.

"Oh, Endeavor will find this hilarious, you having a sister." He chuckles. Oh, my old man is the one responsible for this? 

"Tell Endeavor that if he wants information to his son, to come talk to me himself." I respond, watching the shock on his face. Then I flood the room with flames. 

The man may be fire proof, but the cameras weren't, and temperatures that high would at least damage anybody. 

Word Count: 1093

One more chapter coming out tonight. It's still under editing, but I hope you love my insane boy. Some disclaimers though for the themes that will be showing up in future chapters.

Dabi is canonically a murderer, and I'm doing a very different story with his character. One where he actually has something he wants to live for besides seeing his father dead. This is what I assume would happen if he was given a character arc for the better rather the worse. 

I will be talking about the child abuse he suffered at Endeavor's hands, and from the hero commission. Along with the remorse he feels due to the dead people he sees as his responsibility and fault. 

This story is far from over, and I will be doing revisions at the end of it. Going through and most likely:

-making it third person.

-adjusting filler chapters

-filling in the plot holes

-probably adding more chapters, as this development feels rushed as I go over again.

-Basic grammar, and spelling errors. 

-S.O. Sullivan