Touya Todoroki is a Lost Cause

Hawks POV

Rumi was staring down at me. Shit.

We had both grown up with Touya by our side, we both had loved him like family. Maybe even more than that. 

And now he was gone.

It was unnerving the way she stared down at me, as something broke. 

"He's going to be in Tartarus in four days, Keigo," 

"Then we have four days,"

She seemed surprised, by my statement. 

"You're stuck here until tomorrow,"

"Three days."

"I'm on patrol,"

"Two days, Rumi for god's sake, leave it at two days."

I had never seen her scared. I'd seen her angry, upset, and heartbroken, but never scared. Yet as she watched me I couldn't help but lose hold of that little strand of hope. 

"It's impossible, two heroes, freeing a villain under that much surveillance," she sighs. "They'd catch us, and kill him."

We can't give up on him that easily.

"What if we had a few other people, a small team."

"And where are we going to get a team Keigo?" She pleads.

"We're heroes, the people we turn to when we need a team- they would throw us in prison for even considering this," Her voice continues to crack, and I can see tears in the corners of her eyes.

"But what if we had a team of villains? Of low lives?"

"And where would we get that? They'd turn us in without a second thought, get the money out of it."

"Not if one of them is in love with him,"

She stops then, watching me peculiarly. 

"Who?"

"Remember when I left the commission for training, there was a girl, Anielle Cray. She's the one who used to train with me,"

"I thought she was dead?" 

"It's a long story,"

"One girl isn't a team, Keigo,"

"One girl, a top assassin in the underworld, and the league of villains."

"Frostbite? Seriously? You're taking feathers to the brain."

"I know her, Rumi, I know what she can do,"

"Fine, you know her, so how the hell am I supposed to handle this while you're stuck in a hospital."

I raise a brow, and she peers down at me disgusted.

"No."

"Please."

"NO."

In the end, she said yes.

So I was loaded into a wheelchair, and she put on a nurses garb. Then we were headed on our way.

A few people looked at us, but I just smiled, and let her continue until we reached the elavator. I pulled the clothing stuffed under my shirt out, and handed her the coat as she shrugged off the scrubs and pulled it over.

Then I stood, on wobbly legs all be it, and pulled a trench coat over the many bandages covering my body. Then a hat was placed on my head, and we entwined our arms.

When the doors open, Rumi had a handkerchief pressed to her eyes, and was visibly shaking as I pressed my hand to the small of her back. 

"Oh, are you two alright?" A nurse asked rushing over to us.

"Ye- yes, we're going to be fine ma'am my wife here, her father just died, and well," I pause making a sorrowful face to the woman. She nods and I tug on 'my wife's' arm as we rush away.

As soon as we're out of the hospital our arms come un-linked, and we both stand straighter. I toss off the fake glasses, and throw the hat to the side.

Rumi was glaring at me when I turned to face her.

"I hate you." She muttered.

"I know," I smile back and she swats at my shoulder.

"This girl you've found for us better be as tough as you say she is."

"When have I ever failed you?"

Instead of a response her face goes flat, and numb.

"Do you want me to start at the top of the list, or in alphabetical order?"

I smirk, and she groans.

"I regret breaking you out of the hospital now."

Sorry for the short chapter, I really am lacking ideas for how to bridge into the climax right now.

What is your favorite color?

I just think it's interesting how much a simple color can tell you about a person.

-S.O. Sullivan