Hero Lover

Hawks POV

The sun was setting when my ear piece crackled again.

"Report." It said and I sighed. Standing up and taking off I switched on my mic.

"Nothing interesting, the league was only there for a few hours and I couldn't see any suspicious activity."

I heard the other end relay the report before speaking. "Your free to patrol at will or head home,"

I took out my ear piece and shoved it into my pocket. The cool breeze stung my face, but I headed the way I saw Anielle leave. Into the city I couldn't spot her silver hair. A elderly woman was selling hot chocolate, and a few kids played along the street. Finally, I gave up searching, but my eyes caught on something. Well more like someone.

Dabi. What is he doing without the league? He wasn't in his usual garb of a black trench coat, instead clad in a hoodie and jeans. His scars stood out either way.

I glided along the tops of buildings following him. He eventually reached a building and walked up the stairs. My eyes drifted to the roof where the girl I'd been searching for sat. She was hunched over, but when I suppose she heard his footsteps her face whips towards him. At first I register that it's tear stained, but then I see how quickly relief flooding her features. She doesn't even flinch at the fire wielding murderer.

I can't hear what they're saying but he rushes towards her. And caresses her face like a lover would. My fists clench at the sight of them. Eventually he slips off his hoodie and gives it to her before pulling her into an embrace. I settle myself before taking off towards them.
________________________________
Dabi POV

I pull her into my arms and feel as she buries her head into my shoulder. At first I wince from the contact with my burns, but the cold from her quirk settles over me and the pain subsided.

Holding her just feels right. I stroke her back. My hand gliding over the soft fabric. When a gust of wind comes entirely from the wrong direction. While the natural breeze came from the North, this hit me from the South. My hand stops, and my head jerks upward. My eyes catching on red feathers. Anielle lifts her head and her eyes widen.

I push myself up standing in front of her, and turning towards the hero I unfortunately keep running into.
________________________________
Anielle POV

"Hawks," Dabi addresses the hero and I stand up moving to his side.

"Anielle," Hawks responds ignoring the man beside me.

"What Keigo?" I respond with his birth name. Dabi turns to peer at me.

"I was looking for you, to see if you might want to finish that dinner," the red winged hero says.

Dabi is staring at me blatantly now. 

"And what dinner would that be?" Dabi asks.

"Well-" I start but am cut off by Hawks walking over and responding.

"Anielle and I have some stuff to catch up on,"

"And your willing to go out dinner with an assassin, hero?" Dabi asks. It's my turn to glare at him.

"Like I said we have stuff to catch up on," Hawks responds his wing jutting out, and wrapping around my side.

"Would you to shut the fuck up?" I ask. And both turn to look at me. Hawks' features confused, and what appears to be surprised. Dabi on the other hand looks at me his whole face contorted with anger, and hatred.

"Keigo I expected that we had caught up and you would be leaving me to my life," I say to him.

"I should have realized," Dabi says before Hawks could respond. He starts away.

"Wait," I call out my voice cracking. He stops dead in our tracks.

"Why should I listen to somebody who is clearly in love with a hero?" Dabi yells.

I flinch, but I have to hold my ground. I can't lose him. "What? I'm not-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Anielle people like him are the reason I have these scars, they abandoned us all. Not just me; Toga, Shigaraki, all of us."

"I'm not in love with him." I say staring.

"Whatever you tell yourself, you clearly don't care about me, so I'm left to assume, hero lover," he starts away again. And I'm about to run after him when Hawks grips my wrist.

"Let him go,"

I drop my wrist and he grabs my waist to turn me toward him.
________________________________
Dabi POV

Gods why did I say that, I shake my head staring at the ground.

The way he looked at her. She called him Keigo. They were clearly more than acquaintances. But the pain on her face when . The shock on his when I called her an assassin. She had flinched. When I yelled. Never once through all my insults towards her had she raised her voice. I had talked about me and the leagues suffering, but what had happened to her. A girl who had clearly been on the streets for a long time.

Damn it, Touya. I scold myself. Turning on my heel I start running back towards the building. I made it to the stairs. And climbed them as quietly as possible. They're probably gone. I say to myself. And as I reach the top, I see what I had been telling myself wouldn't ever happen.

I would never let it happen.

Hawks and her stand together foreheads pressed against one another. He murmurs something that I can't catch on the wind. Before slowly lowering his mouth to hers. And I turn away, I guess I was right.
________________________________
Hawks POV

He was in love with her. I thought to myself. As I gripped Anielle's waist and he left.

"I'm here," I whisper into her hair.

"I can't lose him to," she says. What the fuck. She was fully prepared to go running after him.

"Look at me," I whisper. And she ignores me, eyes on the ground. "Please, Anielle." Slowly she lifts her head to peer at me.

"When I left you went through more pain than anybody ever should." She just stares at me. "I won't let you go running after somebody who would do worse." I press my forehead against hers and she sighs.

"I don't think that you're right about him,"

Slowly her eyes shut, and I take the chance. Noticing the figure making his way up the stairs I lift my head away, and kiss her softly.
________________________________
Anielle POV

He presses his lips to mine, and in the moment it takes me to register I don't pull away. But quickly a blink and I shove myself off him.

"What the hell?" I say. Wiping my mouth on my sleeve. Wait. Fuck. I register that I'm still wearing Dabi's hoodie.

Hawks just looks at me. Tilting his head like a bird.

I turn a run away. He doesn't stop me this time.

Total word count: 1169

Two chapters in two days? Yeah. Let's just say I'm miserable. My mom is planning on moving us across the country after her husband. (I don't like calling him my father) so I'm about to be thrown out of the life I built for myself here. The only highlight I can find is that the city she plans to move us to has a cosplay con. Though there is one near my home now that she wouldn't let me go to. So I doubt I'll be allowed to that one.

-S.O. Sullivan