Anielle Doesn't Know How Love Is Supposed to Work

Anielle POV

Being honest with myself was never a strong attribute of mine. I was a compulsive liar, because I knew what needed to be done. Yet, as I was tugged along by Ryleigh, the halls bustling, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do next.

Dabi was gone. Toga and Shigaraki were here. I didn't have my quirk back. 

Everything was a blur, the only thing that kept me stopping dead in my tracks was the girl pulling me along. The warmth of her hand comforting. 

I'd never been in love. And for as long as I can remember, I never thought I would be. 

First, it was me and my goals to be a hero. Marriage came later if I needed the social status, but never would I be held in place by just one person.

Then, I was lost. I'd been killing people. Starting with my father, and then anybody who was worth anything. I didn't think of anyone but myself, and never wanted to. 

Sure, I'd slept with people over the years. I'd drowned myself in whatever would dull the thoughts in my head. But I'd never cared. 

Next, it was the hunters. It was a family. I grew attached to Kyla and Ryleigh, I knew they were me trying to fill in the place of the sister I'd lost, but then they became more. 

Reese and me happened around then as well. She was somebody as lost as I was, and we were both craving release for a few moments. It was one night, and then it was coffee. Then it was whenever I could see her again. She wanted in to the Hunters, alright, I just needed her. 

And then she stabbed me in the back. She got into the Hunters, and as soon as we were backed into a corner I was the least of her worries. It's just sex. That had been what we told each other. And I was a fool for ever letting her get the best of me. 

But that wasn't love. It never was.

So when Ryleigh halted outside the back of an abandoned building, I watched as she leaped up and snagged the ladder then dropping down, letting go, and it crashed down behind her. 

I taught her that. I smile fondly, and she laughs before starting up the rungs. 

It'd become routine, when the world became to much, or we needed out, the two of us would go to a roof. 

There were plenty in the city, enough where if you got caught once you could avoid it for a month and circle back.

When I reached up to grab the cool metal bars, it was habit to climb after her. I did it blindly, not an ounce of focus lingering.

It wasn't until the cold wind struck me that I was brought back from my own head. We'd come to the rim of the building's top, and Ryleigh had to pounce up, shoving herself over it, before I could do the same and fall beside her. 

"What's on your mind?" My little sister asks, striding to a small shed, and yanking the door open.

"What do you mean?"

"You're never this quiet." She laughs, tossing locks of dyed hair over her shoulder.

"I'm quiet." I respond, crossing my arms before moving into the shelter beside her.

"Not like this," Then I hear the concern in her tone and whip my face towards her. "Anielle, you were gone, I didn't know what I was supposed to do." She lets out a choked sob, and all irritation is forgotten as I lunge towards her.

She cries into my shoulder for a few moments, and I twine my hands through her hair.

"I'm not going to ever leave you alone, alright? I will always come back." I sigh.

"You can't promise that." 

"Promises are made to be broken, Ry," 

"I just want you to make a deal, a bargain, that you'll come back in the end." She pulls away gesturing with her hands.  "That whenever all this is over, whatever this is, you'll come back to me."

I feel the response forming on my lips when footsteps start abruptly, followed by the whistle of a gust of wind. I tense, but Ryleigh seems to relax, and as I push backwards she stays put.

"How the fuck do you know that she'll show?" A female voice asks outside.

"She will, Rumi."

Rumi? I think to myself, raising a brow. Wait- that voice. Standing up I throw open the door of the shed.

I see the red wings before my brain registers walking forward.

"Keigo?" I question, footsteps echoing as I stride towards him.

"Anielle, holy shit, you're back-" He's cut off abruptly as I stop in front of him and curl my arm back slapping him dead across the face.

"You bastard." I seethe. I'm about ready to grab the base of his wing and start snapping bones when my eyes land on the woman with him.

"Who the fuck are you?" I ask, blinking at her. White hair, and ears, but the pro-hero looked very different dressed in casual clothing. 

"I could ask you the same thing," She responds, frowning. I shrug turning away from her, and back to the man in front of me.

"I'm going to kill you," I mutter to Hawks. He flinches slightly, and it takes everything in me to not strike him again.

"Anielle," I hear Ryleigh's voice, and spin to face her. Her hands are shoved deep in her pockets, and guilt covers all her features.

"Oh," I say. "You invited him."

Of course she had, they brought that up earlier. 

"Please don't be mad at him." She pleads, coming forwards. 

"I'm not mad." I lie.

"Hear him out." She finally answers, tone more confident.

"I'm already here, I sigh in response, and stride over to entwine her hand with my own. Leaning over I whisper, "I've taught you well, little sister." And I see her ears flush.

"So what do you want with me?" I ask, staring at the two heroes. There was definitely something in the air between them.

"Your help." Miruko, Rumi, responds.

"With what?" I ask, raising a brow.

"To get Touya out of prison," The woman responds, shrugging like it was obvious. Touya?

Word Count: 1023

Sorry that this came today and not yesterday. Just wasn't able to finish it before I went to sleep. Again fair warning that future chapters will contain graphic violence and major character death.

-S.O. Sullivan