Just Keep Going

Oh god my update schedule has gone out the window, and I'm sorry. This story is actually getting reads now which scared me a ton. I appreciate each and every one of you. Now prepare for sexual tension, and Anielle being badass as usual.

Anielle POV

It was three days before I could walk on my own again. And not for a very long time. A week before I could move around like your average person. Now it's been two, and I finally know I'm ready to start training.

Rei had grown on me. She was motherly, and honestly whatever asshole had her committed to a hospital was out of his mind. So I respected her wishes. Stayed in the house, or within the fence line, but my legs were itching to run. I needed to feel my heart race, my chest ache, something besides bed rest.

So I waited until her soft sleeping could be heard, and then slipped on a pair of socks. She'd gotten used to me having my window open. Understood the need for fresh air. And I was also able to slip out it easily. It was a short drop. Maybe 7 feet to the ground, so once I wiggled myself and was dangling by the ledge it didn't affect me at all to land on the soft grass.

Quietly I make my way down her garden trail. It was cobblestone, and led directly to the beach. I could hear the steady waves and smiled. Water. I had become used to working with blood, and back alley puddles. But it had been forever since I could actually feel the rush of natural water.

I came to the end of the trail slipping my socks off and stepped onto the sand. It's cold but gentle touch greeted my feet. I was wearing shorts, and a Tshirt. Anybody looking would just think I was insane being out in the cold.

So I began to work. First sitting down and stretching my legs. They hadn't been worked in weeks, so my muscles and joints were stiff. Next I stood up and adjusted my back and shoulders. You could hear the pop as I turned my upper body, keeping my feet planted. The waves accompanied me. Moving in and out by the moon.

After a while stretching had no effect, so I stood. Breathing steadily before turning to the ocean. Maybe? Walking towards the water, I reached the moist sand and planted my feet. Toes scrunching, I waited. Then the water came up and over my feet, brushing just above my ankles. But I couldn't feel it. Sure I could sense it like any person. But I couldn't actually feel it. My quirk was silent. It didn't whisper things telling me to freeze it. Or make it go this way. It didn't do anything at all.

When I came back to reality, I was staring at my hands. Tears dribbled down my face, and my knees buckled. Not from pain physically, but grief. It tore away at me. My quirk had seen everything, been there, and now it was gone.

No, you're going to pick yourself up. You're going to run until your legs burn. And then you're going to run back. And when you finish that your going to try again. And again. And again. Until you can finally bring. It. Back.

And so I did. I picked myself up. Dusted off my hands. And sprinted. I should've jogged. Should've warmed up. But it felt so good.

The wind caught my hair. My eyes stung from the light salt, but my breath didn't waver. I ran until my legs were sore. And when I turned around. The little cottage was nowhere in sight. So I started back. Jogging this time, until I could pick up the pace.

Head up, grinning towards the sky. The sun rose behind me, I'd been out here for hours. But the fresh air filled my lungs. And I would not yield. I would keep going, until I either burned up in a cloud of ash, or was swept away by the wind.

I should've remembered that Rei gets up at Sunrise though.

So when I came running down the beach and saw her standing there, my heart didn't drop in my chest.

"I see you finally gave up on staying inside." She says, as I slow to a halt.

"Rei, I-"

"Save it." She cuts me off. Then a smile breaks on her face.

"You're running. You're breathing, Anielle. You're living," poking me in the chest "this is good, you're finding what makes you,"

Her smiles contagious I tell you. So I grinned back. And this time I didn't flinch when her arms wrapped around me in an embrace.
________________________________
Dabi POV. After Toga's meeting ended.

I dropped her off at the base. Still Ryleigh's words hung in my head. She was gone. And we weren't finding her.

I started walking head down. Until I came to another gangs territory. I slid onto a side street, and kept going. Fuck is it cold. Being a criminal has its downsides, and when you give your only sweatshirt to a girl, well you're kind of screwed.

So when a cold gust of wind catches me in the back I jolt my head up.

Hawks.

Before I could fight. Before I could use my quirk. Something sharp pressed into my forearm, and I'm caught by someone.

(More Time Skips)

When I wake up I'm lying on a roof. A certain bird man not to far from me.

I shift my weight and stand up.  He turns and an express I could only describe as villainous covers his face.

"Dabi, Dabi, Dabi, what was it that happened the last time we met on a rooftop?" He asks. I don't respond.

"Oh that's right, I kissed the girl we're both in love with, and then you got jealous and kidnapped her," He answers his own question.

"Wait- You seriously came up with that bullshit?" His cruel smile doesn't waver.

"I fucking haven't seen her since you kissed her. For all I know she's dead, because of you," I say.

Again my reflexes fail me. Because the red winged hero pins me to the chimney holding a blade to my neck.

"Where is she?" He asks.

"I don't fucking know," I respond.

"I'll kill you right here. Right now."

"Do it, hero. Kill me." I say. And then for dramatic affect. "To die at your hands would be a blessing,"

Instead, unfortunately we, he drops me to the ground tucking away his knife.

"If you don't know where she is. And I don't  know where she is. Then I guess we're going to have to find her," Hawks says.

"Yeah- wait, what do you mean by we?"

Total Word Count; 1133