Anielle Cray Did Not Actually Kill Touya Todoroki

Anielle POV

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask to the woman across from me.

"There is a long list of reasons," She sighs.

"Why don't you start, we've got a long drive."

"I've never seen you actually fight before, the night we met you were overwhelmed and taken advantage of. But what I saw just now-" she pauses, collecting her thoughts. "Your style is wicked. You knew you could have outran him, I knew it too. But you instead drew out the fight and knocked him out in a way that most would consider inhuman."

"He'll recover. He's going to be unconscious for awhile. But there is no way that would have severely injured him. And while you've never seen me fight you have a good understanding of the illegal world in Japan. Which means you have a good understanding of what I've done." I respond.

"Alright, but why do you look so happy about it?"

"I like the rush." I respond. Liar my brain whispers. "Like riding a bike down a highway, or running through the middle of nowhere. You don't know how long it will last until it's over." I continue. And I notice that her eyes were still holding onto something. As she stayed quiet and watched the world fly by.

"What is it?" I ask sighing and keeping my eyes on her.

Our gazes catch for a moment and the sorrow is undeniable.

"I just learned that my husband hired someone to kill my son. And that the girl I care for as a daughter was the one to do it." Her voice cracks , and lip trembles on the verge of tears.

"I lied."

She looks at me. Like I'm the center of a tragedy.

"What?"

"I may have been the last one to be hired to kill Toya Todoroki. But I was not the one to end his life. For all I know he's still alive, I haven't seen him since that day." I answer.

"Mind explaining," she states.

"It's a long story,"

"We've got a long drive," spinning my own words against me I see.

"Alright,"

Rome wasn't built in a day, but it burned in one.
As I made my way down twisted alleys, and avoided all the night life of the city I  now called home. I grinned wickedly. I eventually reached my destination. I could smell the bar from down the street. I pulled my hood over my head as I slipped into the entrance way. I tugged open the side door to get to where I was headed. The usual bouncer looked at me and rolled his eyes.
"Name?"
"Cray," I answered, tugging off my hood.
He raised his brows and chuckled. "Didn't recognize you under there, Diamond,"
I laugh at the nickname he had never let me live down. 

"Good to see you too," He nods before we bump forearms and I head into the dealing room. It was filled with people offering jobs, and drinks out to anybody who would pay. I rolled my eyes, but would never forget  how I had to scrape myself off these floors to get to where I was today. I slipped past the bar earning a nod from the usual tender.

Fische was in his office as always. I knocked three times on the door the ring I bore on my knuckle offering a loud crack as it hit the wood.
"What?" Fische's voice called out, though it was very obvious he had been busy with something, more like someone, else.
"It's me Fische," I say, raising my voice.
I hear him grumble in response before a young woman, not much older than me came rushing out, wrapped in a jacket. I didn't even bother as I walked in to find Fische collecting himself.
"You're early,"
"No, I'm right on time," I say, cursing as I trip over something on the floor.
He just chuckled and gestured for me to take a seat. I did just that before throwing my legs up on his desk. He shot me a glare, and I put them down, worth a try I thought.
"I've got a job for you,"
"Well, I was wondering," Sarcasm drips from my voice as I respond. The only thing I ever got brought here for was a job.
"One of my guys on the up needs somebody cleared out,"
"Ok, and?"
"The pay is good, Cray, don't get snotty with me." I chuckled at him, he looked like a pig with facial hair when he was angry.
"Cray, you're fourteen and a girl," he says. "I can give this job to somebody worth my while, just as easily."
"I still want the job, Fische, just playing with you," I respond smiling innocently.
"What's his crime?" I ask.
"What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean," I said. "I don't kill anybody innocent, or kids,"
"My guy needs him out of the way, he tried to get it done, but he can't have blood on his hands now can he?" I just roll my eyes.
"Here," I take the packet Fische holds out to me, and skim through the contents before finding the initial letter about the job. My eyes halt on one part, $200,000.
"That's a lot of money," I say looking up at Fische.
He was grinning. I knew the deal, he gets 20%.
"So you'll do it?"
I just nod, and take my leave clutching the information in my hands.