So, How Long Exactly Have You Known Her?

Hawks POV

"I mean exactly that, if I don't know where she is, and you don't, we have to find her," I say. Staring at the villain on the ground, of course, this is exactly like those games we used to play when we were little. Anielle and her sister would hide, and me and her mom would have to work together to find them.

I was less eager to work with Dabi though. His scars were disgusting, but for some reason they seemed familiar.

The blue eyed villain looked up at me, eyebrow arched. "You seriously think I'm going to work with you?"

Of course he's going to be a stubborn asshole about it,

"I'm sorry, I assumed you actually cared about anyone besides yourself," I apologize sarcastically, turning away from him. I hear him shuffle to his feet.

"Take it back." He says his voice cold. I turn to look over my shoulder and wing.

"Why, I'm right?"

He walks towards me. His eyes and expression icy.

He lights one of his hands, and blue flames lap around it. He stops inches from me, leaning in. Our faces close enough that I could feel his breath, and see the lines where his staples held his scars.

He lets out a breath, and I feel it against my face. Leaning back from him, he looses a laugh.

"Fine, we work together. On my terms, that is"

Straightening myself, I offer my him my hand.

He looks down before grabbing it and shaking. Then turning away he strides away

"We'll meet up on the bridge, bird boy, 6 o'clock tonight. Don't be late." The scarred villain says.

"I don't take orders from you," I respond. Does he seriously think he can talk to me like that?

"Oh, but we're working together aren't we?" He asks smugly.

"Yeah, I'm starting to regret it though," I sigh.

"I regretted it the second I shook your nasty ass hand, you've got sweaty palms,"

God that asshole is going to be the death of me. I turn away and fly off, checking my phone.

4 o'clock. I've got some time to burn. So I fly away from the city, and eventually land by a small patch of flowers in the woods.

"Hey mom," I say. Sitting down by the singular ring of stones.
________________________________
Anielle POV

Rei became a bit more open about herself as the days flew by. I learned that she had kids, but hadn't been able to see them. That she was forced into a marriage, but had actually been in love when she was younger. Her past was interesting, and she taught me as much as she could. I was allowed to do what I pleased as long as I was home for meals.

She did try to get me to take up a hobby though.

"Come on Anielle, it's art," Rei sighs.

"I'm an assassin, why would I ever need to learn how to paint?" I exclaim staring at the palette she held out to me.

"Well for one it's good for relieving stress," she looks pointedly at my bitten nails.

"I'm stressed because my quirk has been gone for three and a half weeks, and even though I've been training everyday, It won't come back!"

She sighs and sets down the palette, and crosses her arms.

"Fine. You don't have to paint, but you need to do something besides running and training your body." I open my mouth and start but she cuts me off. "You may have your physical health on point, but you've got some kind of block in your head, you keep associating your quirk with your past and present, not your future with it."

I sigh. "How am I supposed to look forward to the future when I don't even know if I'll be alive that long?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"And why wouldn't you be?" Rei asks her voice soft.

"I'm part of a gang, Rei. People know me on the streets, they have a nickname for me. So what happens if I'm defenseless?"

"You're trained more than a military soldier, even without your quirk, you could easily take down any body who came near you," she says.

"No, I couldn't!" I say. My voice raising.

Her eyes widen. "Couldn't?" She questions. "What do you mean by that?" Fuck. Now she knows something happened.

"I'm not talking about it," I say. She nods.

"Ok. But we're going out today, so get dressed I need to run to the mall."

"Why?" I ask. If anybody recognized me-

"One we need groceries, two you need to get out of the house, we're far enough away that nobody is going to recognize you,"

"Fine." I say. Fleeing the art studio.

Total Word Count: 820

Go drink some water everybody. Self care is important. Now appreciate the tension between Dabi and Hawks, and Anielle not wanting to paint happy little trees.