She Was Strong.

Anielle POV

I found Rei waiting by the car when I returned, she looked up and smiled at me.

"You don't have a phone." She says matter of factly.

"No, I don't, I broke mine" I say. Not telling her I froze it so nobody could track me.

"Well we need to change that,"

I get in the front seat, and drop my backpack between my legs.

"Why?"

"Because you've got some kind of mental block, you blame your quirk, or something related to it, to regret and loss. If you want to get it back you're going to need to not accept losing it in the first place,"

"That doesn't explain the need for a phone." I sigh, looking at her confused.

"My kids come to visit this weekend, which means I have to go back and act like a recovering mental case in that hospital, so I want to stay in touch. And you need time to think,"

"Oh," I say. She pulls into a electronics store and gestures for me to follow her inside. I do so silently, as she points to the devices. Make his pockets hurt, she had said earlier. So now I pointed to a newer model, it worked similar to a burner phone where nobody could track you on it normally. And Rileigh wouldn't try, nor did she know the device.

Rei does all the paperwork, claiming me as her daughter but keeping everything in her name.

Then we exit the store. Me holding a small box, and Rei with a grin on her face. Then I remember the tea, and rush to the car to shuffle through my bag.

"I, um- I got you something," I say handing it to her.

She looks shocked for a second examining the tin. Then lifts the lid and sniffs at the tea inside.

"I understand if you don't like it-" I start but when she looks up her eyes have tears pricking them. Her arms fly around my neck before I have time to jolt backwards.

"Thank you," she says into my neck, and then collapses into her seat. She doesn't elaborate, and we drive home quietly listening to music.

*Time Skip*

When Rei leaves the next morning she waves goodbye once, and then pulls out of the driveway. I cook myself a small breakfast before throwing on the exercise clothing I had. I knew that Raven hung out somewhere near here, but had to guess a direction. It would be boring if I was the only one around.

So I fumbled around the house before finding a old knotted pair of headphones, and then turn on the simplest playlist I could find.

The sand was cold, not yet heated by the warm sun, and as I set out jogging I thought to myself Maybe, just maybe I will get better.

Salt still stung my eyes, and the wind whistled. I knew I would hurt myself if I went to long. But to hell with that.

My legs burned, but I wouldn't stop. Not until this stupid poison wore off. I felt my vision get blurry from the spray. Edges black, I didn't stop, my breathing was steady, and I could keep going.

________________________________
Dabi POV

"Are you sure?" Hawks asked peering to where I pointed.

"Yeah, birdbrain, I've lived in the underground for how long now, eight years?" Chuckling I grabbed the map and started away.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To the base. You and I may not know anything about the new Anielle, but I sure as hell am not going to sit around waiting,"

I heard the bird shuffle around, before starting after me.

"Walking all the way there is pointless," he says.

"Yeah, it is," I respond.

"So, how about we fly?" The bird says not looking at me. He seems nervous about it to, which leads me to double over laughing.

"What?!" His feathers puff out.

I reach into my pocket and pull out a set of keys, jingling then from the key chain.

"Oh- yeah that would work to,"

"You seriously thought I walked all the way here, Keigo you're the smarter of the two of us," I say still laughing.

"Hey, what was I supposed to think!" He exclaims throwing his hands in the air.

"Whatever feathers for brains,"

I lead him to the old truck, and got into the front seat.

"Has your driving gotten any better?" Hawks asks, standing with the door open.

"Guess you'll have to find out," I say, smirking.

He sits down, and I turn the trucks keys. Giving him only a moment to adjust before flooring the pedals and jerking the steering wheel to the side.

"Fuck-" he says grabbing onto the armrests as I speed down the gravel road.

It eventually straightens out and leads to one of the main roads into the city. I turn and pull into traffic.

"Do you even know where we're going?" Hawks asks.

"Yeah,"

"Well quit driving like your trying to kill us!"

"I'm not," I shoot back.

"You two bicker like an old married couple," a young girls voice says from behind us, as I slam down on the brakes.

I watch in the mirror as Ryleigh flies over the backseat.

"Who the hell are you?" Hawks asks. "Did you know she was there?!"

"I'm Ryleigh, it's nice to meet you," the young girl says, offering her hand to the hero as I begin driving again.

"Hawks," he says eyeing her.

"I'm well aware, now where are we going?" Ryleigh pipes up pulling her hat back down over her hair.

"You're not going anywhere pipsqueak," I say glaring at her.

"Excuse me, you bastards may be all high and mighty but that's my sister we're looking for,"

"Wait- what?" Hawks asks confused.

"Anielle and I are like sisters and we're both adopted into the Hunters," Ryleigh says, blinking at him like she was any other person.

"You're like twelve! How the hell are you in a gang?" He exclaims.

"I'm thirteen actually,"

"Well whatever you two, we're going to be there in close to ten minutes so what's the plan,"

"Oh that's easy. There's this big guy that guards the door, he calls Anielle 'Diamond' and was around when she was part of their assassins list, if we tell him she tipped us off we're in, and can get to the big guy," Ryleigh says her hands flying everywhere as she explained.

I watch Hawks blink, in surprise at the girls knowledge.

"That works with me," I say turning to him, and raising a brow.

"Yeah- I mean I guess that'll work,"

And so the little girl sat smugly behind us, propping her blue tennis shoes on the center console and twirling her bright colored hair around her finger.