An Ally?

This chapter will contain the following triggers: Suicide, Self Harm, and Abuse. !Please don't read this if that will trigger you!

Dabi POV

I wasn't sure what had pushed me to ally with Hawks. He was a hero. A stuck up bird who had been handed everything his whole life.

Oh shut up you know what his life was like. My brain whispered menacingly.

Doesn't mean I can't try and convince myself otherwise. I say back.

I remembered how he had struggled to even use his quirk. His feathers falling to the ground. How he had jumped whenever somebody had raised their voice. The way the hero commission had plucked every mutation that wasn't attractive from his body and left him bruised and bandaged.

Years before I had fled he had been sent away to train on an estate with one of the retired heroes. A powerful one to, like my old man.

From what I could recall from letters the man had a wife and two daughters. He had been strong and trained him 10 hours a day, but sometimes he made the girls work with him. I had immediately developed a hatred towards the guy. From what I could read in Hawks's chicken scratch handwriting he was a lot like my father. Didn't accomplish everything he wanted in his time as a hero so he pushed his ideals onto his daughters.

Wonder where they were now...

Though as I made my way to the bridge I remember that night when I caught Hawks out here. He had wanted to end it like so many others. I knew where the underground had stationed people. At least one levitation quirk, and one to manipulate others. They had stopped many jumpers and helped them make lives for themselves. Toga included.

She had been bloody. Cuts up and down her arms and legs. She had been whimpering. Talking about how she could never be herself, and had a villains quirk. I remember the rehab Shigaraki had put her through. No knives, or blades of any sort. She had to eat something at least once a day, and drink some water. She was allowed to choose when but if she didn't he put somebody on baby watch. She wasn't aware of that part though. She just new she needed to eat, and we were letting her do as she pleased as long as she stayed healthy. And was willing to try and get better.

There had been a guy to. My own age. Green eyes, blonde hair, and his quirk was similar to Shigaraki's. He could decay living things. Gods he had hated himself. I didn't realize the tears falling down my face.

I did remember though the tenderness he had held me with. The way he was gentle on my scars, and had always helped everyone through it. Nobody ever thought to think twice about him. I hadn't. And so when I had found him there. Rope around his neck- I had fallen to my knees.

There had been three notes. One for his parents who he had run away from. One for the rest of the gang and one for me.