Azul Ashengrotto x Mer!Reader | Long time no see!

SORRY FOR THE LATE AS FRICK UPLOAD-

Everything in my life has been a bit much 👉👈

So uh yeah- please enjoy reading this one shot 😅😅

Talk to ya later!!!
_______________________________

Oh how Azul missed his best friend from middle school...

They never cared about how his weight, or how he was different from the mermaids...

They loved him for who he was, and that didn't even change as time passed by and he mastered more spells.

They both promised to try and contact each other in the future, but he hasn't seen them for years, and it didn't help that he had Monstro Lounge to worry about.

"Zul....Azul!" Azul heard his voice being called by Jade who looked quite concerned.

"Are you okay?" Jade asked while cocking one of his brows up.

"What, why aren't you serving the customers?" Azul asked while furrowing his brows.

"Monstro Lounge closed about 10 minutes ago, is there anything on your mind?" Jade said while furrowing his own brows in confusion.

"Ah.... You remember that (f/c) mermaid from middle school?" Azul asked looking down at his desk while slightly frowning.

"Ah yes, they were quite the popular mermaid, they always came first or second in everything if I remember correctly, weren't they your bestfriend?" Jade said watching Azul.

"Yes, that's the one, (Y/n) (L/n), my bestfriend, I was just thinking of how they would react to seeing me now..." Azul said tapping one of his fingers on the desk.

"I'm sure they would be quite surprised and happy to see you, but I've got another question..." Jade said as he looked at a photo frame on Azul's desk.

It was a photo of Azul and (Y/n) standing together with the biggest smiles.

"Why didn't you tell them you loved them?"

It was true, Azul loved them more than anything in his life, the other reason for him learning all those new spells was to impress them.

He often wondered what would have happened if he confessed to them..

Would they reject him?...

Accept him?....

Avoid him?....

He would never know....

A few days later

Today, there was a new student, everyone said that they had the most beautiful (h/c) hair, and the most enchanting (e/c) eyes, they said their voice sounded like one of an angels.

And best of all, they were a mermaid, meaning they would be in Octavinelle.

Azul wanted to put all the rumors to the test, he walked towards the (h/c) haired figure who seemed lost.

Once the figure noticed footsteps walking towards them, they turned towards Azul.

Azul froze right on the spot, there stood his someone who looked too much like (Y/n), who's eyes were wide, their mouth was agape.

"Z....Zul?...." they managed to say as they cautiously walked towards Azul who felt tears well up in his eyes.

"(Y/n)?...." Azul tilted his head to the side as (Y/n) smiled and ran up to Azul and hugged him.

"Oh Zul! How I missed you! Look how much you have grown!" (Y/n) said as they parted just a bit and looked Azul up and down.

Azul chuckled as they started talking about how much he has changed.

"Oh, are those Eel's still following you around!? O! O! O! Do you have a unique magic? Is it cool in Octavinelle?" (Y/n) asked as they had sparkles in their eyes with a big grin as they walked around.

Azul once again chuckled as he remembered just a few days ago he was missing your energetic presence as always but now that your back, it seems as if you have been by his side this whole time.

"Yes Jade and Floyd are still following me, and yes I have a unique magic, it's called "It's a deal", and yes, I would say that it is cool in Octavinelle, I mean- I am the dorm leader." Azul said proudly.

(Y/n)'s eyes sparkled in delight as their smile somehow widened.

"I always knew you would get a unique magic! You were so unique back in middle school after all!"
(Y/n) said as they hugged Azul's arm.

Azul smiles with a small blush not knowing that there were two heterochromia eyes were watching them with grins.

"Eh?~ is that (N/n)-Chan?~" Floyd asked watching Azul and (Y/n) converse.

"Yes I belive so Floyd, look how adorable they look!" Jade said as he smirked.

There were a few whispers in the hall but Azul payed no mind to them because all he cared about, was that he had (Y/n) back.

And he was never, going to let anyone else have them...