▪︎The Team's Cub▪︎

Even though it feels nice watching Hinata and Kageyama share a fun high five. I still feel very in danger just by being beside Sugawara. I fear no man in this world but this man right here sure does give me a fright. I felt a lot better when Nishinoya started to give me back hugs. At least I'll have someone to use as my meat shield—Uh I mean someone to use as an excuse to talk to while trying to avoid alone time with Sugawara.

It was a surprise when we were actually two points in the lead. Who could've thought we could make it this far? Couldn't be me. I was a little anxious when I noticed I wasn't being switched in again like last time. Coach probably saw the way I kept getting distracted by searching for my brother through the crowd. Well I can't really help the feeling. Just as I finish my thought, my eyes went to check through the crowd again. Hm...His still not here...At the same time Seijoh had scored a point. Sigh.

I just stood at the corner while I watch the others play. This is weird. Last time when coach didn't wanted to switch me in, I was eager to play...Somehow this time I prefer to watch instead of playing. Theres gotta be something wrong with me. I look at the board and find us, Karasuno at 18 points while Seijoh was at 17. Their gaining on us. It wasn't long until we were tied in points. Oh god, I feel like I'm no help but I also don't want to help. This is confusing me.

"Yamada" Sensei waved at me, gesturing me to approach him and coach. I didn't wanted to at first but it's not like I have any other choice.

"Yes?" I anxiously stood in front of them.

"I've given you a lot of time to clear your head and you're still under the weather. I don't think I can give you another minute" Coach said and I felt my heart being pierced.

"I'm sorry it's just...I'm waiting for someone" I said and they both exchange a concern glance. Coach then took a deep breath.

"Seijoh is playing as well as we expected...Each of their players is always thinking up plays and executing them. Because of Seijoh's strength, I don't want to risk it. Are you planning to play or just watch the entire match?" Coach fold his arms with a serious look. I look down with an uneasy feeling in my chest. I...Should I feel bad for choosing not to play? I mean, I'm answering his question honestly. Maybe it's for the best...

"I think I'll—"

"Yasushi Yamada!" My body tense up when I heard my brother's voice. I turn around and lock eyes with him through the crowd. His gaze was sharp and serious.

"Don't you dare give up! I'm here now aren't I?!" He shouted without being embarrassed about the fact that everyone is looking at him. I smile with happy tears in my eyes. He actually came...

"I'm playing!" I look back at coach with determination in my gaze. He grin.

"Its about time!" Coach hit me on the head and I yelp. But I didn't get mad and instead smile as I rub my head. I would say the same...

"Yamada!" Nishinoya cried and wrap his arm around my waist, I blush when he started to rub his face against my tummy. Wh-What is he doing?

"Why didn't you say you need encouragement?! I could have given you that you know!" Nishinoya please! People are staring!

Um moving on from that embarrassing moment, we continued playing with me being switched in. After a few more minutes, we were now 2 points from winning the set. I felt my body becoming weightless and my legs not being able to stay in place. I guess waiting too long and watching the others enjoy touching the ball really hyped me up. I was in my fighting spirit until someone got rid of it by brushing my hair, I turn around to see it was Asahi. Oh?

"S-Sorry your hair just looks messy so I thought..." He didn't finish his sentence and ended up getting lost rearranging my hair for me. He blush when he notice the way I was looking at him.