▪︎Bodyguards▪︎

Now I'm standing here, eyes wide open in shock, not believing the bodyguard my parents called is now at my front door. Out of all the time he could show up, why does it have to be at a time like this? Asahi awkwardly look over at me then my boyguard as I was slowly zoning out. I wish to disappear from this world. The bodyguard then cleared his throat to break the awkward silence. I look at him after gaining back my composure.

"Uh come in" I stood aside and Asahi did the same. The bodyguard nod before heading in.

"You never told me you were rich" Asahi dropped his voice to whisper to me.

"Apparently being rich isn't something to bring up when introducing yourself, Asahi...!" I raised my voice in a hush voice. We both tense up when the bodyguard turn around. He eye us consciously.

"I don't have any extra rooms so you'll have to sleep in the living room" I told him and he hold up his hand, almost like hes trying to shut me off.

"It would be inappropriate for me to sleep over at my client's house. I've already booked a room at the hotel nearby. I'm just dropping by to check on you" He said and his eyes dart to Asahi. Asahi's body went stiff when he realise how sharp he was staring at him.

"It seems like you've been keeping yourself busy with company...I'll have to say it's bad for you to be alone with a boy, especially in such a quiet neighbourhood" He narrowed his eyes at Asahi, seeing him as a target.

"Um...I don't know if I left a bad impression but I'm really not those types of people. I-I swear I wouldn't do anything to Yamada!" Asahi quickly defended himself.

"Of course you would do such a thing. You're a boy and Yamada is a—" Shit!

"A weakling! Anyways he gets what you're trying to say mister..." I interrupted him and he was startled at first but he slowly gain back his calmness.

"Just call me by my last name, Shigeru" He was looking at me until he heard footsteps behind me. He looks past me while me and Asahi turn around.

"Y/—Oh I mean Yamada!" Hinata changed what he was gonna say when he saw I wasn't alone.

"Wheres Kageyama?" I ask him but he was more focused on Shigeru.

"Who's he?" Hinata said and I could hear the jealousy in his voice.

"I'm a bodyguard sent by Yamada's parents. They needed someone to make sure shes doing fine so that's why I'm here"

"Excuse me, she?" Asahi seems a bit puzzled by it.

"Okay thanks for dropping by mister Shigeru. I'm totally gonna be safe and if I'm in danger I'll call you!" I pretty much dragged him outside. Before he could turn around to say something, I closed the front door shut.

"A bodyguard? A! Freaking! Bodyguard?!" Hinata ran his hand across his face while trying to take in what just happened.

"I'll explain everything, Hinata. And um Asahi, seriously thank you so much for everything but you should probably head back. It's getting late" I tried not to come off rude and he chuckles awkwardly.

"Its nothing. I think I'll go since it seems you have a lot on your plate. Call me when you're feeling well, take care" He gave me a goodbye hug before walking out my house. A sigh of relief passes my lips when it was just me and Hinata.

"Why didn't you tell me this?!" Hinata shouted in a tone that tells me he feels betrayed.

"I didn't thought of telling you about it because it's my own issues to deal with, Hinata" I explained but he still seems mad about it.