▪︎The Clown▪︎

I was in the corner and still looking for my brother through the crowd. Everyone was doing their warm ups or talking to each other while I'm here being emotional about not seeing my brother...I seriously have no hope in moving on from him...I place my hand on top of my shirt and clench my fist. I can't be broken down now. I need to stay strong for the match.

"All right, is everyone here? Yamada?" I snap out of my head when I heard Daichi calling my name. I approach him so he knows I'm here.

"Its almost time" Daichi looks at the clock then all of us. Everyone looked so serious and probably a little nervous. I confidently smile.

"All right, let's go!" Daichi said and we all follow him from behind. I'm so excited! We were walking into the main gym until I was stopped by Sugawara. Huh?

"Can we talk? Its something important" The others looked at us once they heard what Sugawara asked me. I raised an eyebrow, eyeing him carefully before nodding.

"We'll be back. Don't worry" Sugawara gestured the others to move along while he leads me to somewhere else. Oh god...Its never a good thing to have alone time with Sugawara...He scares me more than he cares for me...

"Yamada...I haven't been serious with you for a while now..." He grab my shoulders and I could feel myself zoning out. Is this happening? What did I do to deserve such treatment?

"After that day where I found out about...your chest...Forgive me but I couldn't help but investigate" Ahhhhhhhhh. I didn't say anything but just stare at him as my body went pale.

"You're hiding a big secret aren't you? I can tell because the reaction you're making" I'm passing out. Bye...

"Yamada!" He quickly catch me when I fainted into his arms. The world was dark and empty...Not until I woke up and found myself sleeping in a room. Is this the nurse's office?

"Are you doing better now Yamada?" I was startled to find Yachi sitting beside my bedside. Ah! Why didn't she make a sound?!

"The doctor said you had an anxiety attack" I calmed down when I felt her holding my hand. She blush seeing me warmly smile at her. I snap out of the moment once I realise what I was supposed to do.

"Yamada!" Yachi chased after me when she saw me getting out of the bed and heading to the main gym. Where are they? I stop walking once I saw the others. A cold sweat rolled down my forehead as I watch Oikawa laugh at Kageyama who was laying on his back. Uh...

"Yamada" Yachi huff beside me when she finally caught up. Sugawara head towards my direction once he heard Yachi calling my name.

"What are you doing? You should be resting" Sugawara had a troubled expression. I sigh.

"And let you guys play without me? No way" He was surprised to see me act arrogant. He grins.

"Now where did you get those confidence from, huh?" He pat my back and those pats sure are strong, or maybe I'm just weak.

Anyways, with the little time I still have. I used it to do some basic warm ups. I was in constant pain when Nishinoya decided to make me reach for my toes by pushing my back to make me bend forward. I'm not flexible! Stop! Thankfully Asahi was there to rescue me. When it was time for the match to start, the captains from their team and ours were told to go to the middle. Oh right let's do this!

"Captains" The referee said and both captains shared a handshake. I couldn't hear what Oikawa was saying but I could see his mouth moving.

"So? You're just a girl. It's not like you could do anything I could do" I scowl when I remembered what Oikawa said to me earlier. Ugh...I can't believe I got riled up by him...