▪︎Question Mark▪︎

Me and the others spend the time we still have before the tournament training. Not just training but I also learned some new tips from that old man, guess he knows what his doing. His lessons were definitely helpful because I feel more confident than I ever was, though I'm not sure I'm as good as Nishinoya.

The day has come and I feel quite nervous, Tanaka had to buy me a lot of cold drinks to calm me down, I'm scared things won't go well for us...We all went in the waiting room and I sat by the corner. I hope nobody suspects a thing about me, it's worse when we're getting watched by a ton of people.

"When does the judging start?" Kageyama ask Nishinoya who was sitting right in front of me, yes I'm still hiding at the corner, trying to blend in with the shadows.

"Probably the next one, since we don't have a match this round" Nishinoya answered Kageyama's question, I roll up into a ball and decided to take a quick nap.

While I was busy resting, I could hear Hinata wanting to throw up, along with Yamaguchi and Asahi. Since they ate pork cutlet before we got here, adding in the pressure, I guess that's what's making them wanting to vomit. It must be normal for Hinata to throw up 2 times, including our ride to here right?

"Oh Yamada, someone wants to talk to you" Daichi said and I lift my head, slowly opening both my tired eyes. I blink a couple of times to gain back my vision and once I did, I quickly got on my feet.

"Y-You?" Why is he here?! I...

"I hope you don't mind if we talk for a while" Yasushi shyly rub his neck when he notice all the attention was on him. I nervously gulp before following him outside.

How did he find me? I stare at the back of his head as I follow him from behind. What if his a secret agent?! Faking his own death like those scenes from the movies! I tense up when he turn around, he took me outside where it was just the two of us. Oh god...I scream internally as I stare into his eyes.

"It was a surprise to see you competing in this tournament, you must be really good at volleyball. If you're wondering, I'm a fan of volleyball myself, I've always wished to be a famous player" I could see his eyes twinkling like it always does whenever he talks about volleyball. I rub my eyes that were beginning to tickle.

"R-Really? Which team are you cheering for?" I manage to put on a smile. He put on his thinking face.

"I was gonna be cheering for Seijoh but seeing you also competing, I guess my vote is on you now...I really appreciate the talk we had that day, it's been so long since I had someone to talk to" My hands reached for him but I stop myself. H-He isn't your brother anymore Y/N...

"Then I promise you I'll win this and get to the nationals" I confidently smile.

"Well I guess I'll get going now. I don't want to be the reason you're late to your match" He pat my head before walking past me, heading in the gym. I stood there completely still and place my hand on top of my head, the exact spot he patted me. I bite my bottom lip as I try to hold in the tears. God damn it Y/N.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Okay get rid of those sad vibes Y/N, or else you'll get hit by Sugawara for it. I walk back inside the building and tried to find the others. Hopefully they didn't start without me, that would suck. And about the match, I think I have everything under control. The lessons the old man gave me are stuck in my brain. Just in time, I quickly catch up with the others.

"The previous match is over. Let's go!" Daichi stood in front of us, leading the team like the captain he is.

"Yeah!" We all follow him from behind.

"Shut up morons!" The other team yell at us, me and Hinata hid behind Tanaka, well their friendly.

"Looks like Ohgi Minami's a team full of punks" Tanaka was making his usual scary face with me and Hinata still hiding behind him and trying our best to be as intimidating as him. Sugawara took a few steps backwards.