▪︎Falling Apart▪︎

The fourth set starts. Their #8 took a deep breath, then did a jump serve but it ended up to be an out. Oh? I guess that was luck for us. Daichi grabbed the ball and did a serve, their #4 gently toss the ball over to their #10. Their #12 acted as a decoy while their #10 set the ball for Ushijima. Tsukishima and Asahi both jumped by the net but they weren't trying to block his attack. Instead they were closing in the space so that Ushijima's attack will be directed towards me. Once he spiked it, it felt like it was a natural instinct to receive it, and I did! The ball is up!

"Nice receive!" Kageyama tossed the ball to Asahi and he managed to spike it over the net sideways.

"All right!" I hold Asahi's big strong arms up so I could share a high five with him.

"Yay" He smiles shyly.

The set went on and their #8 was just pulling out surprises. He even spike the ball into Kageyama's block and surprisingly the ball got in and touched the ground, not to mention the outside. Gosh I did not expect that one bit. We also did the synchronized attack again but their #12 was good enough to guess who Kageyama was setting the ball to. He shut down Asahi's attack and I watch the ball roll to a stop after touching the ground. He stopped it...The crowd cheered his name while I was still taking in what just happened. Didn't know their #12 would know it.

Too bad it wasn't just their #8 who's pulling out surprises. The rest of their team were also stepping up their game. Whenever we were ahead in points, they'll just score one more to keep the balance. Tanaka's spike was shut down by their #5's block, he even called himself a 'Miracle Boy Satori'. Tanaka was losing it and he quickly apologised for making the mistake. Since he was in a hurry to hit the ball, their #5 must have been able to read where he had his eyes on. I have to admit that was impressive. Ushijima did a jump serve and Asahi tried to receive it but the ball bounced off to another direction after colliding into his wrist.

Ushijima did another jump serve and this time Daichi received it. Kageyama set the ball to Tsukishima and he was tall enough to hit the ball over their #5 and #10's block, meaning their block was too low. The crowd cheered as I swap with Hinata. Just one more point and we'll be even with them. I look through the crowd to see Emi talking to Yachi, I don't know whether to be happy or concerned on what they're talking about. Looking behind them, I notice someone very familiar...oh no it's coach Ukai. I'm still scared of him after that day...

"Come to think of it, didn't Ushiwaka say something to Hinata in between the sets?" Sugawara asks Yamaguchi and I couldn't help but be interested.

"Oh, yes. 'A shrimp that sucks like you has no reason to live' is what he said. Apparently" Yamaguchi repeated what Hinata told him earlier.

"Seriously?! Are you sure he didn't imagine some of that?" Sugawara had an uneasy look.

"That's what I thought, too, but apparently that's what he meant" Yamaguchi said.

"I wonder what Hinata's going to do after being told that..." Sugawara chuckles softly.

"Should you be laughing at that?" Ennoshita seems confused and a bit caught off guard.

"Well, I mean, if his heart was going to break after being told something like that, he wouldn't be here right now" Sugawara explained. You do have a point...

As I watch the set from the side with the others, it was somehow much more thrilling. Tsukishima did a serve and it was sent flying between their #8 and Libero. Their Libero ended up letting their #8 receive the ball. Their #10 then set it to their #4. I was honestly wondering what Hinata was doing when he was doing an approaching run that's usually for spikes. Is he gonna use that technique to jump higher? Hinata jumped and trust me when I said he jumped high, their #4 spike the ball but it just slammed into Hinata's palm. It bounced off and touched the ground. A point!