▪︎Hard Mode▪︎

The others were at the side resting as everyone took another break. I look at coach to see him staring at me, I guess my few minutes of relaxing are up. Though I don't mind because I'm quite excited to be switched back in. Nishinoya suddenly appeared and hugged me from behind. I would've fallen if it wasn't for Asahi's back, which I landed my face on. Gosh Nishinoya needs to stop surprising me with hugs.

"I can't wait to see you show off your moves" Nishinoya smile while I remove my face from Asahi's back. Yeah you definitely would be.

"A-Are you okay Yamada?" Asahi ask and I could hear how concern he was by his tone.

"I'm fine. I didn't injure my face" I shake my hand with a shy smile.

"Yamada..." I turn around and was face to face with Tanaka. He bow which made me tense up even more. Wh-What is he doing?

"I'm sorry for making you depressed, Yamada" Tanaka is apologising to me? For something he did on accident?! He didn't mean to injure Daichi! I quickly make him stand up straight.

"I'm completely fine. See?" I smile. He suddenly pull me into a hug. I awkwardly look around for help as Tanaka was breaking my bones from hugging me too tight.

After being set free from Tanaka's destructive hug. The match continued with me finally getting switched in as the Libero. Alright let's do this! They did a serve and Ennoshita quickly received the ball. Kageyama then toss the ball to Tanaka but they manage to block off his attack. My eyes followed the ball and it felt like the world had slowed down. Everyone around me was suddenly gone and my focus was just on the ball.

I ran towards it in a blink of an eye and quickly receive it. It felt like my entire body was light like a feather. When though the ball was back up in the air, I could catch a glimpse of everyone's reaction, they all seem surprised or amazed by my reflexes. I didn't say anything but smile as I watch Tanaka spike the ball and got us a point. Heck yeah! I was celebrating inside my mind until I felt someone patting my head. I turn around and see it was Ennoshita.

"Nice receive, Yamada" I didn't know why but I could imagine Daichi standing at his place and saying those words to me. I softly smile.

Everyone went to position as we continue to play. Although I received the ball tons of times but I still don't feel tired. Is this how it feels to be burning with passion? I ran towards the ball and save it, keeping it back up so Kageyama could toss it to Tanaka. I was a little disappointed when it was Wakunan that scored the point, but it didn't weaken me at all. After a few more plays, we were now at 19 points while they were at 20. Let's get the lead!

The others did the synchronized attack and Kageyama tossed to Ennoshita while the rest were a decoy. I felt more pumped up when the ball got in. We got a point! It didn't take long until we took the lead, Wakunan is just 2 points from catching up. Asahi grab the ball and did a jump serve, I pout when it was an out. It's okay, let's not get beaten down because of something like this. I look over to find Asahi having a gloomy expression.

"I'm sorry..." I approach him and gave him a light fist bump on the chest.

"Come on. One more!" I smile and walked away without letting him say anything back.

Their #11 did a serve but it was also an out too. Nice! Now we just need one more point to win this! Tsukishima grabbed the ball and did a serve. They received it and then toss it to their spiker. I sigh when it turned out to be a feint, the ball touched the ground where nobody was guarding. Their 2 did a serve, since it was a little low, it hit the net and ended up rolling over it. I quickly receive the ball before it hits the ground.

"Its up! Yamada, nice!" Ennoshita said.

Kageyama tossed the ball to Hinata but it was too high. Just when I thought the ball was gonna fly pass Hinata, he use his other hand to push the ball over the net. He must've panicked. It was now their chance ball to do. Come on let's score this point. 'Cause this will then be over and we'll be able to rest comfortably. I grin as I stare at our opponents. Let's win!