Meddling and Deliveries

Katie's PoV:

I was ecstatic all the way through rehearsal and filming today. I'd kissed her. It was a spur of the moment thing at first to get her to stop filming me but the more i thought about it, the more i think i wanted her to film me kissing her.

I had watched the video back multiple times and even screenshot the kiss to make her contact photo.

Charlottes PoV:

I had finished on set for the morning and had walked back to my building, it was cold without my coat or beanie but I wasn't complaining because I was still filled with warmth from my date with Katie earlier.

I traipsed through the shortcut woodlands and emerged safely out the other end, it located me directly on campus and I could see my building from there.

I walked through my building up to my flat and unlocked the door, knowing a fan girl would lay on the other side.

"Welcome home." I heard a warm voice fill the room as I opened the door and I smiled widely at her.

"No sarky comment?" I proffered and she rolled her eyes, stepping backwards.

"Welcome home Miss McGrath." She mumbled and I giggled at the fact she had wanted to say that originally but refrained.

We were both fangirling over my very upper class date and the video had been edited by Eliza, who once owned a fan page for something and now considers herself a professional editor, and was now even cuter than before.

We kept chatting until we heard a knock at the door, I whipped my phone out of my pocket and saw that the time was 11am, it was the parcel!!

I bounced to the door and opened it with a grin to see a delivery man holding out a relatively large white box.

I took it gratefully and signed the necessary forms before closing the door promptly and dashing back to Eliza.

"Open it then!" She encouraged impatiently and I laughed, pulling on the black ribbon that melted gracefully on Elizas bed.

I lifted the lid of the box to be met with some black material that I immediately recognised to be Katie's coat, she had bought me one aswell! I was beaming and Eliza was frowning with confusion.

"She bought me her coat." I explained and Eliza smiled. I pulled out my phone and looked on my Google tabs.

I gasped when i found the tab i was looking for, I had been searching for Katie's coat for hours the night she gave it to me and had found the one I believed it to be but scoffed at the price but now I held my own up in front of me, it was definitely the same one.

My only thought was 'At least it was in the sale.' However the price of the garment rendered me shocked beyond belief. I felt so guilty because I hadn't spent any money on her but she knew that, she knew my only job was working for her and that I was a student, that's why she's buying me these things, like charity.

I voiced my concern to Eliza and she just shook her head, "She likes you and wants you to be as happy as possible." Her explanation made sense but it was still strange to hear that someone actually liked me enough to wish me comfort.

We kept chatting incessantly about Katie for the rest of the day until my alarm rang, telling me I had to get ready for work again, something that ordinarily would be a chore but to me was a luxury.

Katie's PoV:

I was on a lunch break and decided to text the group chat.

K: I know it's like 5am there but just wanted to say "I kissed a girl and I liked it."

I wasn't expecting a reply but soon after i'd taken a few mouthfuls of my tomato and mozzarella sandwich I heard my phone vibrate on the table.

I picked it up to see that both Andrea and Chyler had replied.

A: Don't talk about my cousin like that
C: Cousin?????
A: Yeah, I set her up with my cousin discreetly and they fell for each other, it would make a perfect book.
C: You what?

I cocked an eyebrow and joined the conversation.

K: Yeah, you what?
A: Oh dear.... I'm in trouble.
K: Too right you are, explain:
C: Andreas in the dog house
A: Uh so, you mentioned you had that acting job in the UK...
K: Was that you too?
A: No no no, that was all you but the location was somewhere i remembered.
K: And?
A: Well i looked through old messages and found that my cousin was working there as a costume design intern and was studying in the university up the road.
K: So, you got me the job?
A: I did some research and found that the old drama lecturer was on maternity leave. It was just an extra push to get you two together but I doubt you even needed it.
K: I mean you're probably right Andrea but I'm still blaming it all on you for setting me up.
A: Has she told you about her mom?
K: Little bits, I know she is probably a drunk and she cancelled on a meeting with Charlotte in court over visitation of her sister.
A: She cancelled again?
K: Again?
A: Yeah, this happened about a year ago, I don't think Charlotte has seen her sister since they made the conditions.
K: Conditions?
A: Yeah, she either has to be in a full time job earning £25,000+ or be in a 'stable' relationship with someone who is
K: Now you mention it, I think she told me something similar a few days ago.
A: Yeah, it's all very sad.
K: What i don't understand is how you could barely remember her name a few days ago but now you know everything...
A: Shhhhh that's not important, let me meddle in peace ;)
K: Hahaha so funny :(
A: I've been tracking your bank card, you bought her a copy of your £1,000 coat
K: How can you even do that?
A: Avoiding the subject....
K: Ok yeah, i bought her the coat, she didn't have one and mine suited her really well.
A: Well enough for Christopher's?
K: You saw that aswell, Andrea your talent is wasted in acting, go join the FBI
A: I'm tired now.
K: Ok then, good night Andrea <3
A: Get back to set Katie <33

I smiled and tucked my phone back into my pocket, finishing my sandwich and orange juice before getting back to set.

We filmed almost constantly for the rest of the day and I was pretty exhausted by the end of it but I knew Charlotte would be coming in again in an hour so I kept smiling through and didn't call my break until then.