Delicate Embroidery

Charlottes PoV:

I had Vivienne keeping watch, to ensure that Katie didn't intrude. I set my sketchbook to the side before searching for some white fabric.

"So what exactly am I looking out for?" Vivienne asked as I decided on a silk material.

"Any sign of Katie, if you hear her footsteps or see a glimpse of her, tell me immediately so I can put this away." I instructed sternly as the elder woman nodded in understanding.

I continued to express my ideas through the sewing machine and was starting to get into the flow.

"Do we have a code word or something?" Vivienne asked abruptly and I shook my head.

"No. Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows, stitching two pieces of silk together.

"Uh... because Katie's coming." She mumbled as a muddled squeal escaped my throat.

I rushed to throw the garment behind a costume rail as Vivienne slid into the seat adjacent to me.

The door opened slightly, her presence was heard before it became visible.

"Can you find my Ugg's?" The brunette asked as she entered the room, kicking her heels off.

I stood up from my seat and wandered to the corner where Katie had thrown her boots.

"Thanks babe." She smiled gratefully, slipping her boots on before turning to leave again.

"Was that it? You just wanted your shoes?" I asked which a chuckle.

Katie nodded, picking up the heels that she had thrown in frustration.

"These are uncomfortable, let me be comfy Charlotte." She whined before closing the door delicately.

"The code word is my fiancée is a whiny toddler." I mumbled as I retrieved the strewn garment.

"That's a bit wordy don't you think?" Vivienne countered, being met with a death stare from me.

"Okay... you were joking, got it." She stumbled over her words as I diverted my attention back to sewing.

About an hour passed, I had barely looked up but was aware that Vivienne had now moved a seat to the door after complaining her legs were tired and Katie was going to be wrapping for the evening shortly.

"Your whiny bitch is coming." A warm voice echoed and I impulsively decided to finish the stitches I had started.

"Stall her. I'm nearly done with hemming the skirt, there's no way I'm leaving it with less than 10 stitches left." I ordered as the door clicked open and footsteps exited the room.

I rushed through the final few stitches, not wanting the quality to drop but needing to finish swiftly.

I heard voices in the corridor, placing Katie less than 10 feet away from the garment, only a thin wall separating us.

I threaded through the last stitch before jumping to my feet and rushing to the wardrobe.

I had already set up a little dusty curtain that would prevent anybody from being nosey and hung it onto the hanger on the rail.

I emerged from the wardrobe and tiptoed to the door, taking a deep breath before opening it.

"Hey babe." I smiled, a sense of relief flushing my body.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked reaching out for my hand.

"I'm good, just been absorbed in a new costume all day." I took her hand cautiously as Vivienne silently excused herself.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked and she nodded with a small yawn.

"Let me just get changed and grab my bag in my dressing room and then we can leave." She affirmed, giving me a quick hug before disappearing.

I opened the door into my safe space again, smiling at Vivienne before quickly taking the garment into the open space again.

"It's gorgeous." Vivienne exclaimed and I nodded with a warm sincere smile.

"It is?" I asked and she nodded immediately.

"You know it is, don't diminish your talent." Vivienne's tone became stern and I nodded tentatively.

"The netting is gorgeous, and practical if you're going ahead with an outdoor service." She gently stroked her hand along the material.

"You know more is going onto it than this right." I joked and she slapped my arm lightly.

"Of course I do, I've seen the design." She assured.

this is what she has so far, i'll show the full design when the time comes :)

"I just hope Katie loves it on the day." I sighed and Vivienne shook her head.

"She will... she most definitely will." Vivienne reassured my nerves before I retracted the garment to its new home.

I grabbed my handbag and my coat before scrolling through my phone as I waited for Katie.

"I'm ready babe." Katie entered the room again and I smiled, pulling myself to my feet.

"Let's be going then. I'll see you tomorrow Vivienne." I called out behind me as I left the room, achieving a wave in return.

"Can we do some more wedding planning tonight?" Katie asked as we slid into the warmth of the car.

"Of course." I smiled as the engine ignited.

"Oh... I have a driving lesson tonight." I added and Katie's head snapped to face me.

"You're learning to drive?" She asked and I nodded, as if it were no big deal.

"That's amazing! Are you sure you're ready?" She asked sternly yet softly.

"Yeah, I booked some lessons a few days ago, I'm fed up of not being able to drive myself anywhere." I sighed in exasperation.

"Well, that's definitely a good thing. We can do some planning before your lesson and then go out for a meal afterwards if you'd like?" Katie proposed and I nodded with a warm smile.

"That sounds like a perfect evening." I agreed as Katie began driving home.

I unlocked the door as Katie rummaged around in her handbag for something.

I kicked my Docs off and hung my coat on the back of the door.

Katie trailed in behind me and shut the door quickly.

"It's March... why is it so cold?" She complained and I giggled.

"You have lived all over the world, Britain isn't that cold." I smiled goofily as my heart melted at the brunette kicking off her Uggs and hanging up her handbag.