Dinner Date

I missed a day of updating i'm sorry, school has started online again for me so i'm now updating this on probably alternate days because i want to update my Amelia Shepherd story on amezonashepherd

Charlottes PoV:

I had observed Katie's actions when in confined spaces and assumed she may have some form of claustrophobia but I didn't realise how severe and debilitating it was.

I finished my shift, avoiding questions from Vivienne as to my half an hour disappearance.

I was packing up my belongings in my office when I heard a light knock on the door.

"Come in!" I sang, dopamine and serotonin coursing through my body.

"Someone's chipper." Her Irish accent filled the room and I nodded.

"I mean, it's all down to you." I smirked and winked slightly and she laughed.

"Why thank you." She giggled, a radiant smile across her face.

"It's only 6... so i was wondering if you wanted to go and raid my wardrobe and I could take you out for dinner?" She asked and I practically lit up like a Christmas Tree.

"Yes please!" I grinned like a toddler who was being taken to Disneyland and she giggled, wrapping her arms round my waist and placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

Kissing her back, I took her hand in my own and pulled away softly and she smiled.

"Right, let's go." She smiled and reached into her handbag, grabbing a black beanie. I smiled and she looked over at me, placing it on her head.

"Thank you for these." She placed her arm through mine and we walked together.

"They're not exactly a £1,000 coat but it's something." I blushed softly, trying not to feel guilty for my lack of financial capabilities.

"This is better than a fancy coat because it shows me that you know i'm not just materialistic but sentimental." She assured and I hit her arm gently.

"So that makes me materialistic?" I joked and she shook her head.

"No, it means you deserve the world and that coat is almost as expensive as it." I laughed at her remark as we walked outside into the enclosed car park.

Katie unlocked her car and walked round to the other side. We sat into the car and Katie shivered.

"Cold?" I asked, stating the obvious and she nodded.

"Duh... i'm putting the seat warmers on, is that okay?" She asked and i nodded, wrapping my coat further round me.

She pressed the correct button and then proceeded to scroll through her media section and started playing 1989.

We sang the lyrics at the top of our lungs as we drove back to her house, both incredibly excited for our fancy dinner date.

We pulled into her driveway and she unlocked her door.

"You're the costume expert so i'll let you choose again." Katie admitted before walking into her fancy living room and sitting on the sofa, scrolling through her phone.

I raced up the stairs and began searching through her wardrobe, in a search for two fancy dresses.

I settled on two black dresses, mine being slightly more revealing but clearly Katie had worn it before as their wasn't a purchase tag still on it.