"You own this place?"

Charlotte's PoV:

I slid against the door and crouched, my head in between my knees, trying to remain in control of my breathing.

I felt a body sit next to me and her head rested onto my shoulder. I smiled at the touch and she took my hand in her own.

"How can I help?" Her accent soothing and soft. I shrugged my shoulders, looking into her eyes.

"Breakfast? Go for a walk? Go for a drive to the sea? Sex? I can offer it all." She said with full sincerity.

I laughed softly and her smile warmed my heart.

"I'm being serious Char, I want to help you and I know distraction is the best way to do that." This time i rested me head on her shoulder and mumbled a reply.

"All of them, breakfast, sea, walk, sex." I whispered and she nodded.

"It would appear I know you well then Miss Davis." She giggles and I nodded.

"Help yourself to an outfit." I smiled and she nodded and stood. I took a few more deep breaths to stabilise my anxiety before getting up to do the same.

"I'm proud of you for putting her in her place." Katie affirmed and I walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Thank you for being here because otherwise I would have cried and screamed." I rested my cheek on her back.

"I'll always be here." She confirmed and picked out a leather jacket.

"Would it suit me?" She asked and I nodded.

"Everything suits you, especially if it belongs to me." I smirked and she laughed, picking out a plain black t shirt and trousers to go with the jacket.

I gently shoved her out of the way as I chose my own outfit

I gently shoved her out of the way as I chose my own outfit. I settled for my favourite grey jumper, some cuffed jeans and some second hand white shoes.

We both got changed before trying to find the rest of our stuff that we wanted to take with us

"Right, how patient are you?" Katie asked and I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Well i have a favourite beach... but it's about 4 hours away." She explained and I looked at her in mild surprise.

"You have a lecture in 3 hours." I asked and Katie shrugged her shoulders.

"I'll say I got caught up in work, Aaron and Vivienne will cover for us." She assured as if it were no big deal.

"So you want to skive.... your job?" I asked and she nodded, taking her hand bag and throwing it onto her shoulder.

"But won't that be suspicious, both of us?" I asked, unable to grasp the situation as I didn't perceive Katie to be someone to act out in any way.

"Not if we say it's work. Now come on, are you patient enough to sit in a car for 8 hours?" She asked and I reluctantly nodded my head, I was laced with enthusiasm but also fear.

We walked out of the building, ignoring the porter's smirk as we left and walked up the hill to find Katie's parked car.

She was correct, the drive was long but we stopped off at a fancy restaurant for breakfast and then McDonalds for even more. I felt bad for eating in her car but she assured she didn't care, as it technically wasn't hers.

We spent most of the journey playing games, singing Taylor Swift and talking about our past and hopes for the future. It was a fabulous way to get to know her and she got to know some more about me too.

We crossed the border into the county of Cornwall and I smiled. Eliza and I had been on holiday here every year for as long as I could remember but it was a vast district so she could be taking me anywhere.

We kept driving for about an hour more and stopped off at some cute department store called Trago Mills on the way. We walked around and stopped for a cute lunch, it was fancy but not at the same time, I felt like i could fit in here.

We got back in the car and drove a short while further before crossing into a Penzance. I smiled because I knew exactly where we were.

"Have you been here before?" She asked, looking over at me and I nodded.

"Yeah, St Michaels Mount is a bit of a tourist attraction, Eliza and I used to holiday over in St Ives and come over here for a day." I smiled and Katie blushed.

"I used to do the exact opposite, stay here and go there for a day." I laughed softly as she pulled into a driveway of some desolate house.

"Trespassing too? Someone's feeling rebellious today." I joked and she shook her head.

"It's not trespassing if you own the house." Her tone was sincere but I couldn't tell if she was just messing with me.

"You own that house?" I asked, bewildered.

"Yeah, I mean technically it was my parents but they gave it to me when they started holidaying in the Maldives instead." She laughed and took a key from her handbag.

"I actually think i love you." I followed behind her, stopping in my tracks as I realised what i'd said.

"That's not- shit, uh no." I rambled and Katie stopped me by placing her hands on my arms.

"I was going to wait until tonight to tell you that, in a romantic sunset walk along the beach but now works too. I love you too Charlotte." Her voice was soft and sincere and I'm sure I melted away in that exact moment.

"Now, which order do you want this, walk, beach, sex?" Katie joked as she unlocked the door and we walked inside.

The entrance smelt of the beach, it was evident nobody had been here in a few years but the interior design was flawless.

"Uh... i'm now thinking sex, beach, walk." I smirked and she smiled, taking off her jacket and tossing it on the floor.

"I think we are in agreement there." She smiled as she pulled me in to lay her lips gently onto my own before picking me up and walking towards what i assumed would be the bedroom.