Comfort Shows and Junk Food

Charlottes PoV:

I was curled up on the sofa, the baseball episode echoing off the walls.

"Hey, can I join you?" My favourite accent interjected my spiralling thoughts and I nodded vacantly.

I pulled the blanket to allow Katie to fall next to me and I readjusted my posture.

I rested my head onto her chest, diverting my attention back to the moving pixels in front of me as Katie absent mindedly stroked my hair.

Over halfway into the episode, the intercom for the gate filled the room and I jumped, startled like a deer in an open forest.

"It's the food, it's okay." Katie whispered into my ear as I pulled the weight of my head off her chest to allow her space to stand up.

She daintily tiptoed to the door and unlocked the gate remotely.

I heard the key turn in the door and a gust of wind course through the entirety of the house as it opened.

"Here you go ma'am, thank you for ordering with us." I heard a young mans voice as a bag was rustled.

The door closed and warmth was restored as Katie's voice echoed.

"Plated up or just as it is?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders, realising that wasn't visible.

"Up to you, plates are tidier but if we want true comfort food then as it is." I countered my opinion and heard her contagious laugh radiate my heart.

"As it is then." She emerged into sight, two bags in her hands.

Handing one bag of grease and weight to me she flopped delicately beside me.

"What did you order me?" I asked, opening the bag to reveal its contents.

"Chicken legend, it's a sandwich and fried chicken which is of course your favourite. Large fries because I know you don't believe in medium fries because it's cheaper to buy large and then a strawberry milkshake because you can't tolerate fizzy drinks or chocolate flavours." She recited and I beamed brighter than the sun.

"You think I don't know you but I do." She assured and I nodded reluctantly.

"I'm not a therapist but it's evident that you think my fame means I won't get to know someone but I'm pretty sure I know you better than I know myself." I melted into the sofa, possibly from existence forever.

I shovelled some fries into my mouth, excusing myself from the necessity to verbally respond as I was more or less speechless.

Katie removed a box of chicken nuggets, with medium fries and a latte.

"Don't get angry, I'm just not hungry in the middle of the day." She joked and I giggled, wiping the stray mayonnaise from my lips.

We continued to eat our meals in a comfortable silence, the tv providing the only source of noise to muffle the sound of chewing.

Once the episode had finished, I struggled to my feet and graciously snatched the empty packets from Katie, wandering into the kitchen and setting them in the bin.

"What time do you have to get ready for set?" I asked, pulling a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"In about 10 minutes, I'm just going to throw a jumper and jeans on and find my Ugg's." She informed as I replied with a nod.

Taking a swig of my water, I looked up at the brunette who had now come to perch on the kitchen table.

"When are you on set today?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not for two hours yet." I checked my watch, ensuring I was correct.

"Do you want to contemplate phoning Eliza and asking her to help you move some of your things in?" I considered the offer and shook my head.

"Neither of us can drive." I reminded and she nodded.

"Yes but I can get someone from set to help you move stuff to and from, we always have assistants or actors complaining they have nothing to do in between scenes." I shrugged my shoulders.

"If you want, I don't want to be a nuisance to anybody though." I furrowed my eyebrows, placing the bottle back into the fridge.

"Nonsense. It's literally my assistant's job to do what I tell her to." Katie confirmed so I gave in.

"Fine... tell the assistant to be over here whenever she gets a second. I only need to move a couple of boxes, they'll fit in the boot of her car." I assured and Katie smiled with a wink.

"See, it's easier to just comply." Her response was sarcastic but I just nodded seriously.

"Always. Never mess with the celeb diva." She lunged forwards at me, tickling my waist until I squealed.

"Don't call me a diva." Her tone was now stern but melted into laughter immediately after.

"I could never, you're the most down to earth celebrity I've ever encountered." I smiled innocently.

"And how many have you met?" She placed her hands expectantly on her hips.

"Not the point. Shouldn't you be getting ready?" I diverted the attention back to the brunette.

Katie checked her phone and nodded.

"Yeah you're right. Ugh, I don't want to leave you, can't you just come with me?" She pleaded and I shook my head.

"I'll be there in two hours, fitting your costumes for your evening takes, don't complain too much or i'll quit." I now decided to place my own hands on my hips.

"Okay okay, I'm shushing." She surrendered her hands before dashing up the stairs.

I smiled inwardly to myself before returning to the comfort of the living room, wrapping myself in the cotton blanket.

5 minutes later, Katie bounded up behind me, kissing the back of my head delicately.

"I'll see you soon." She assured, reaching over me to grab her car keys.

"See you later." I replied, smiling vaguely in her direction.

"I've already texted Lauren and she'll be here in 20 minutes, she's also giving you a lift to work afterwards. She kind of owed me after being rude upon our first interaction." The brunette kissed my lips softly before disappearing from view.

I heard the door lock tightly as I resumed the next episode and focussed my attention to the actions of the doctors.