I know you

The remaining chapters will be in PoVs, alternating intermittently

Katie's PoV:

I kept addressing each of the students individually as they entered before the bell rang and i returned to my desk and started the lecture.

It was all running smoothly so I gave them all an assignment to work on individually. I allowed them to ask me questions as a large percentage of them seemed to be fans of Merlin or Supergirl and were whispering to each other about it excitedly.

I knew i was famous but I didn't know i had fans that would whisper and be in a stunned silence when they met me.

Most of the questions were about my accent, why i was in the UK and speculation over Supercorp, all of which were easily answered.

It was about 20 minutes into the lecture when the large double doors pushed open again and I snapped my head up to see who had entered, my face froze when i saw the same blonde that had been taking my measurements the night previous.

"Sorry i'm late professor, I had to take some measurements to my mentor" The girl apologised, not looking up to face me.

"Don't worry about it Miss..." I knew her first name but not her last so i waited for her to fill in the blank but my Irish accent appeared to give me away as the girl looked up in pure shock.

"Miss, sorry Professor McGrath, um it's Davis, Charlotte Davis." The blonde blushed vibrantly and scurried to her seat, sliding next to a redhead who i'd earlier learnt to be called Eliza.

I continued answering questions, allowing Miss Davis enough time to catch up with her peers before calling everybody's attention.

"Ok, I don't know what your previous professor would do but I'm going to set you homework, I am in charge of 3 groups and this is the one paired with costume design, I assume" I began, looking up at the blonde who was blushing and nodded lightly as she felt my gaze on her.

"Well, any of you who are fans of me will know I originally started in the costume industry before becoming an actress so I'd like to combine the two and give you an assignment. I'm going to let you choose groups of 4, so can you do that now and sit in those groups." I ordered and everyone shuffled quickly as I fiddled on my computer to bring up the assignment on the board.

"Okay, so you have until  the end of April, it's the first day of February so I'm giving you 3 months and you are going to construct your own short film that needs to be 20 minutes long with your own costumes. I want you to give me a prompt and I will assign them to one of my other classes that are also majoring in creative writing to construct a script." I explain and everyone's faces drop.

"20 minutes!" A few students exclaimed whereas others were more shocked at the fact they had to make their own costumes.

"Your group of 4 will match with a group of 4 from the creative writing class and another group from my final class which are majoring in hair and makeup. The 12 of you will all be acting in your short film aswell as having your individual roles, for this class it being constructing the costumes." I continued to explain.

I then answered any pressing questions before hearing the bell ring.

"Ok, if you have any questions please come and find me, i'll either be here but if i'm not then I am directing you to Miss Davis who will be working on set with me on my new project, she will forward any questions to me and I will get them answered as soon as possible." I smiled and wrote my email on the whiteboard behind me as everyone grabbed their phones out to take a photo, indiscreetly including me in their photos, no doubt to show off to their friends.

I laughed and dismissed the class and sat back down in my chair until i felt someone still in the room.

I looked up to see the blonde I recognised still shuffling about in her seat, her friend loitering outside the lecture theatre.

"May I help you?" I looked up and arched my eyebrow at the younger woman.

"I... I just wanted to apologise for my lateness earlier, it's very rare from me, I was just getting your measurements to Vivienne." Charlotte began to ramble as she walked closer to me and I rested my hand on hers.

"Calm down, I don't worry about punctuality because it's up to you whether you come to the lectures but thank you for apologising, it's also very comforting to see a familiar face in this very daunting environment." I smiled at the girl, catching a blush form on her cheeks.

"Yeah, I'm a huge fan of you Professor McGrath and I have been since Merlin started in 2008, I heard i'd be designing and constructing your costumes for your new project and I physically passed out... oh gosh that must sound so stalkerish!" The girl began to panic again, snatching her hand back.

"It's fine... I'm a huge fan girl aswell but please, call me Katie, I don't want to seem daunting because i'm only 5 years older (ik it's inaccurate but it's more of a peace of mind thing for me) than you and by calling me professor makes me feel like an old granny." I smiled at the girl again and saw her physically relax.

"If you have any questions whatsoever about this project, email me or you know exactly where to find me, you even know where I live and if it's non degree related, reach out because i'm more than happy to help!" The girl smiled widely and I felt a warmth inside my chest

This job was becoming something I was enjoying even more and it wasn't even a position I had 48 hours ago.

I began packing up my belongings and decide to grab a McDonalds on my way home, it was possibly stress eating or maybe just because I didn't have the energy to cook after a long day lecturing, my favourite of course being the final year drama and costume class, I couldn't put my finger quite on why though.