Wave Washout

Charlottes PoV:

My eyes opened groggily as I felt a restraint to my mobility around my waist. I turned my neck slightly to see the brunette laying in a sense of serenity.

I couldn't remember when I'd even got myself into bed, the last thing I remember was looking at the harbour. I allowed myself to assume I'd fallen half asleep and walked back here, with no recollection of doing so.

Reaching for my phone, I read a few messages from Eliza, watching the videos and scrolling through the photos of her and Alice in some forest.

I snapped a quick photo of Katie sleeping and sent it back to her with a text message alongside it.

C: But your girlfriend didnt take you to her secret holiday house, did she?

It must have been a matter of seconds before I received a sharp reply.

E: You what? Where?!
C: Cornwall, the island place over from where we used to stay.
E: Get off, I want to steal your girlfriend now!
C: It's what happens if you date a celebrity who just happened to be your idol.
E: At least my girlfriend is the same age as me.
C: Age is just a number, plus its only 5 years.
E: Well good for you, I'm off hiking again, Ill spam you later, and I want photos of your adventure too!
C: Lots of love, have fun <3

I opened my Instagram but before I could scroll through my feed, Katie shuffled next to me.

"Morning lovely" She mumbled and I smiled.

"Morning lovelier." I giggled and she wiped her eyes before pushing herself up the bed.

"I think this is officially the best thing anyone has ever done to cheer me up." I complimented as I sat up with her.

"I'm glad I know you so well then, now I was thinking of driving around the South today, visit some beaches, grab some ice creams and go for a swim later?" Katie proposed and I nodded like an eager puppy.

"It's the end of January so you're going to get cold." She added and I shrugged.

"I used to surf, cold doesn't bother me." I admitted as she turned her head quickly to look at me.

"You surfed?" I nodded as she tried to keep her jaw closed.

"I used to surf, do you want to go surfing today then?" She asked and I nodded.

"How many boards do you have?" I asked and she shrugged.

"5 or 6, they'll be in the back cupboard." She pointed vaguely and now it was my turn to be shocked.

"5 or 6? They're like £300!" I gasped and she nodded.

"And my parents were very middle class, my birthday presents used to be top of the range surfboards, it was a competitive sport." She affirmed and I gathered my posture to my feet and stood next to the bed.

"So, your boards are all like £700 plus?" I questioned and she nodded again.

"Wow, we are definitely going surfing today then." I tried to hide my absolute excitement at the prospect of surfing on a really fancy board, as I only ever owned one, and it was second hand and half broken.

"Sennen?" She proffered and i smiled.

"Definitely, secluded but the waves are phenomenal." I'd always surfed in the cove, it was only a 20 minute drive from where I'd stay and it was a day out as well.

We gathered wetsuits and two boards, alongside our handbags and about eight towels. We traipsed out to Katie's Mercedes and piled everything into the boot.