Onto New Adventures

It was graduation day for the blonde as her and Eliza frolicked around the campus, gowns draping on the grass.

"I can't believe we are actually graduating today." The extroverted redhead sat tentatively on the ground.

"I mean, we worked really hard for this, what did you expect was going to happen?" Charlotte jeered, her hands placed firmly on her hips.

"Okay fair point but its still exciting! All the education we have endeared for the last 17 years has led to this." Eliza continued to marvel as they heard a bell ring distantly.

"Come on, I'm not being late." Charlotte extended her hands to the redhead and heaved her to her feet.

The pair continued to amble to the stage where they would be receiving their certificates.

"Hey Kate." Charlotte whispered, wrapping her arms around the brunette's waist from behind.

"Are you excited?" Katie turned to face the blonde, an eyebrow raised.

"Who wouldn't be." Charlotte gazed to the onlooking crowd, her anxiety beginning to heighten.

"Don't worry about the masses of people. They only care about one student but the students worry about every single one of them." Katie assured, squeezing the blonde's arm lightly.

"You better get on there... professor." Charlotte winked, lightly shoving the brunette onto the stage.

Whispers erupted below, glances being exchanged as a celebrity graced the stage.

"Costume Design and Acting majors." Katie introduced, before slowly reciting a list of names.

As Charlotte had changed her last name, she was no longer near the top of the list, so she observed patiently as her peers collected their certificates.

"Charlotte McGrath." Katie announced as Eliza pushed the blonde into the guests' view.

Proudly, she walked directly to Katie with a smile, collecting her certificate, before walking straight off the other side. It was all one smooth motion and her anxiety levels plummeted as soon as she stepped back onto the grass.

Eliza soon appeared by Charlotte's side, proudly waving her certificate in the blonde's face.

"Congratulations." Charlotte wrapped her arms around her childhood best friend, smiling joyfully.

Once the entire class had received their degree's, the brunette appeared onto the grassy meadow.

"Congratulations, both of you. I know I only taught you for just under a year but you two definitely deserved those grades." Katie smiled, placing a delicate kiss on the blonde's lips.

Both Charlotte and Eliza had received firsts in their degree, the highest grade that could be achieved. Both girls deemed this inaccurate but they had been consistently reassured that their hard work was reflected fairly.

"When do you wrap?" Charlotte turned to face her wife, furrowing her eyebrows.

"We are filming the last scene in about an hour." Katie informed, checking her phone.

"How long will you be? I want to say goodbye to Vivienne before I sign my contract with your agent." The blonde's heart was racing with excitement at the aspect of a new adventure but her sentimental heart was also reluctant to leave.

"Probably an hour, maybe a bit longer. You have plenty of time to come to set and say your goodbyes." Katie confirmed, smiling sadly at the blonde who was frowning.

Charlotte nodded, realisation hitting that she would be driving away from the city she had called home for three years, in a little less than 2 hours.