First Day on Set

Morning Miss McGrath." A chirpy assistant bounces up to Katie on her first day on set, a coffee in hand.

"Morning, mind telling me which way it would be to my dressing room?" Katie responded curtly, taking the coffee and lifting her sunglasses to rest on her head.

"Uh, it's the one with a London skyline on the door, down the corridor at the end of the room, third on your left. Your costume designer will be in shortly to take measurements, she has an intern with her who is studying at the university up the road, i've been told to tell you to be nice to her because we are supposed to keep that university on our side as we are using it for set." The assistant rambled and Katie simply laughed and smiled.

"I'm always nice, except when i'm jet lagged because i've just got off my plane from the states so if you wouldn't mind..." Katie picks up her bags and drags her suitcase down the corridor, unlocking the dressing room that matched the young blondes description.

Katie closed the door gently and pushed her bags to the side. She was very frustrated that she had to come straight to set after getting off her plane, she was hoping to be given the keys to her house and go and rest.

Katie was dosing off onto her elbows which rested promptly on her desk when she heard a sharp knock on the wooden door, kicking her seat back impatiently, the brunette unlocked the door to reveal an older dark haired woman and a much younger blonde.

Without even glancing at the duo properly she greeted with a smile, "I assume you're my costume designers, it's a pleasure to meet you, come in."

The pair walked in and Katie shut the door behind them, turning around and finally looking at them properly.

The younger girl had very deep sapphire eyes and her face was a very pale shade with a very formed structure, her hair was blonde with brunette highlights and it graced her prominent cheekbones elegantly, her lipgloss accentuated her plump lips and her nose was very dainty.

"This is Charlotte, she's a costume design and acting major at the university up the road, she's going to be spending a lot of time with you so I thought i'd introduce her now." The elder woman who also introduced herself as Vivienne smiled.

"Pleasure to meet you both, now i do not mean to sound rude at all but I'm very very exhausted and would love to make this quick so i don't fall asleep on either of you." Katie smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Before the women in front of her could respond Katie's phone began to vibrate in her pocket, she reached into her jeans and pulled it out, tapping answer.

"Hello, Katie McGrath speaking." The brunette answered in her business voice.

"Hello Miss McGrath, it's Catherine Percy here, I'm calling to offer you a job as a lecturer at our university, our drama lecturer is now on maternity leave and we heard that you were working down the road, it would be an excellent opportunity for all our students to hear from someone who made it in the industry." The woman on the other end offered and Katie raised a perfectly arched eyebrow.

"How long and what's the money?" Katie pressured, contemplating it in her mind.

"1 year, £37,000" The voice on the phone replied and Katie scoffed lightly.

"I can't say no to that, when do i start, plus i'll have to send you my acting schedule, this is an extra and won't cloud my ability to participate in this acting opportunity." Katie explained and the woman on the other end agreed, informing the brunette that she would start on Monday, today being Saturday.

The two costume designers completed their initial measurements and informed that they would be back again on Tuesday, the day that filming commenced.

Finally, about 17 hours after she had left her house this morning, not accounting for time difference which in reality takes it to 25 hours, Katie was able to take her suitcases and bags to the Mercedes that had been parked in the car park for her and drive to the house she would be renting for the duration of the following year.

Katie pulled up on the front drive and her mouth formed an 'o' shape as she saw the house in front of her.

Katie was sure what she had been expecting but this clearly wasn't it, containing her shock, she climbed out of the car and unloaded her bags, locking the car before entering the house

She simply left her bags by the front door before wandering up to the bedroom and climbing into bed, sleep overtaking her until about midday the following day.