Lavender and Marshmallow Skies

ik you all desperately wanted smut but i hate to disappoint, if that's what you're after go and read calzona quarantined by taysmcgrath or merdisson quarantined by aithusasvsp

Katie's PoV:

It was peculiar to be lying in a bed id spent most of my childhood in, panting heavily next to the woman i just told i loved.

We'd only been together a few weeks, I knew it was rushed but she had initiated it and there's no point waiting around if you know how you feel.

The public didn't see me as gay, they fantasised an engagement between my Merlin costar and I but they never knew i was usually with girls, it helped me stay off the radar.

We decided to go for a walk along the beach, it was starting to get dark and I'd phoned the university to let them know Charlotte and I had filming at the coast, I'd have to bribe Aaron the director to put some coast scenes in.

It was a good distraction from anybody wondering where we were and it meant we could have some alone time, to do alone things.

I had a wardrobe full of clothes here because whenever I returned to the UK, this is where I stayed. I had my house in Dublin for when I went home to Ireland but I did spend a lot of time over the sea too.

We threw some clothes on before embracing on our walk. I'd checked the tide times and we decided to paddle over to the island.

i do 100% recommend the visit if you live in the UK, sorry the weather is so bad in the photo haha, blame the climate and the fact i holiday in April

This reminded me a lot about my childhood, it was somewhere we would visit annually and when I moved to the states and subsequently Canada, I felt as if i'd lost some of these natural phenomena of the country.

My family and I had also always made it tradition to steal one of the cobbled stones, it was a shock that there were any left after we had visited.

We paddled through the waves as the lapped over our feet, hand in hand. It truly was something straight out of a romance novel. The sun began to set and the sky turned lavender and marshmallow.

We traipsed out of the water onto the risen stones before the entrance to the island itself. We decided to sit on some rocks and just admire the village in front of us.

It was isolated which made Charlotte and I happier, as far as I could see, because we didn't have the bother of people judging or piling pressure onto us to act a certain way.

We sat here until the sky turned violet and the sun began to disappear over the horizon, we didn't want to lose to the tide and have to swim especially in the dark.

We paddled back but the water was now above our knees, it was a small workout but an adventurous one nonetheless.

We had almost escaped the water when i felt a pair of cold hands on my arm, pushing me straight down into the water beneath me.

"Bitch!" I shouted as Charlotte stood giggling, until i swept my leg into hers, causing her to lose her balance and collapse into the water as-well.

"Bitch!" She sarcastically remarked as it was my turn to laugh.

"I'll always get you back, you don't want to mess with me." I joked with a small hint of sincerity in my tone.

"I know, i know." She smiled, using her hands to push her way through the water and sit next to me. The water had now consumed our bodies to our chest, so we found ourselves treading water slightly.

"Race you." She smirked mischievously before pushing herself away from my side and swimming towards the shoreline.

Rolling my eyes, I glided onto my front before swimming after her. I'd taken lifeguarding courses so I had been trained to swim quickly so it was unsurprising that I caught up to her in a matter of seconds.

My knees eventually scraped the sand, meaning I had reached the shore. I pushed myself onto my knees and stood up, running my hand through my drenched hair.

Charlotte eventually caught up to me, which I realised as I felt her jump onto my back.

I grabbed her legs to support her and started running down the beach. It felt like a twist on when I carried Mechad, except she was a lot lighter in weight.

Her hair dripped onto my shoulder and I smiled, finally letting her drop back onto the sand.

She grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, as we ambled down the promenade.
We were slightly awestruck by the luminescence bathing the harbour across the sea, deciding to sit on a stone wall and observe it fully.

This truly was beginning to be something out of a romance film, as Charlotte rested her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her waist.

I felt her muscles relax and I knew she was comfortable, there truly was no stress in the moment we sat and just absorbed the wonders that Earth presented us.

It for relatively late and I felt Charlotte slowly dropping in and out of sleep so I gently scooped her into my arms and crossed over the road to the stone house in front of us.

I fumbled in my pocket to try and find my key, holding Charlotte in my arms as I did and briskly opened the door, sliding through the gap and walking to my bedroom.

I laid the blonde gently onto the bed and covered her with a duvet and blanket. I felt bad that her hair was damp under her head so i placed a towel on the pillow, to ensure she didn't wake up to her hair moistening the pillow.

I then proceeded to get myself ready for bed, slipping on some running shorts and a slack t shirt before drying my hair and slipping into the bed next to the sleeping blonde.

I was getting very comfortable sleeping next to Charlotte and it was unnerving because I now didn't know how i'd cope without her. I hated getting attached, my job meant I had to move all the time but I couldn't help myself.

I'm falling for her.