Hospitals, takeaways, snuggles

Katie's PoV:

I finished filming for the day and as soon as the director called the final cut of the day I vanished.

I walked into Charlottes small office and found her with her leg elevated, scrolling through her phone.

"Hi honey, I'm done." I smiled and she snapped her head to look at me.

"We are going to the hospital to get that checked out, you don't have a say." I smiled, asserting my dominance over the younger woman.

"What, no it's fine?!" She squealed, her voice as shrill as a dolphin.

I shook my head and offered my hand to the blonde.

"Sorry but no." I stated and she took my hand begrudgingly.

"I need you to be okay and Vivienne and I aren't. It'll take 20 minutes at most and then i can buy you McDonalds on the way home or something." I explained and I could see her thinking deeply.

After a few minutes she looked up at me and nodded.

"Fine, just because i don't want it to get infected and fall off." She laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Yo- You know that's not how it works right." I laughed and she looked over at me.

"They cut it off, it doesn't just fall off." I laughed and she giggled, a sound that radiated warmth through my veins.

I helped her hobble towards my car and we drove in silence to the hospital. I played my favourite artists new album in the background and was surprised when Charlotte quietly began singing the words.

"I'm like the water when your ship rolled in that night." She began, her voice was hushed but I could already hear that her singing tone was impeccable.

"Rough on the surface but you cut through like a knife." I joined in and watched her smile at my participation.

"And if it was an open shut case" We sang in unison, her voice higher than mine but harmonising beautifully.

We sang through the entire song at the top of our lungs, creating a new sense of comfort between us both.

The singing continued through the next few songs until I pulled into the hospital car park.

Charlotte hobbled inside and we were shown to a patient room, where she was examined.

I sat by her side the entire time, allowing her to squeeze my hand whenever the pain became unbearable as the doctor in front of her manipulated the wound.

It was agreed that the blonde would need stitches, something she very much disliked the idea of but knew it was necessary.

Charlotte, being the strongest woman i knew once again, refused anaesthesia and just wanted the pain to be over as soon as possible.

The stitches took 45 minutes, give or take, and Charlottes face stayed emotionless throughout.

Occasionally the blonde would squeeze my hand, showing me but only me that the pain was beginning to get too much. This was when I'd signal to the doctor that she needed a small break.

When the stitches were done, we were discharged and Charlotte was much more capable at walking independently.

We got back into the car and it was now very late and I felt Charlotte yawn next to me, I kept my eyes focussed on getting in the car and began thinking as I started the engine.

"McDonalds and then back to my place." I stated, not even thinking about what I was saying.

"What?" She turned to look at me and I had to keep my eyes focussed on the treacherous road in front of me.

"Please, it's late and I don't want to drive you home where you have to get out in the cold and walk across the campus to find your friend sleeping anyways." I pleaded and she turned to look at me.

"Ok... if you're sure." She smiled with a nod and I internally squealed with excitement.

We drove through the McDonald's drive through, i purchased a chicken legend meal and Charlotte settled for chicken nuggets.

We decided that for the sake of my Mercedes, we would hold onto our meals until we got back to my place.

I pulled through the gates and heard an audible gasp from the younger woman beside me.

"Like what you see?" I giggled and she nodded frantically.

"It's nicer inside, very modern." I assured and she almost jumped out of the car in excitement.

I unlocked the door and we walked inside, setting the bags of grease onto the worktop.

"Ill dish up and you can inspect my house like you're on Four In a Bed." I laughed and Charlotte nodded as she began to slide around my house in her socks like a toddler.

I decided to put the meals onto china plates with cutlery. I knew that's not how it's usually displayed but quite frankly I liked my furniture too much to accidentally drop some lettuce or a french fry on something.

She slid back into the kitchen as I called upstairs and we sat at either end of the dining table.

We ate our meals, talking about certain items Charlotte had stumbled across within my house and therefore leading me to reminisce over stories from my past that had led to some of my belongings having sentimental meaning.

She had good table manners, something I picked up as she ate. The blonde placed her cutlery on her empty plate and smiled as I finished my own dinner.

She yawned again and I laughed softly. "Bed?" I asked and she nodded tiredly.

I took her plate from in front of her and mine as-well before placing them in the sink, deciding to wash them up tomorrow instead.

I took her hand and lead her upstairs to my room, she tried to plead with me that she'd be fine sleeping on the sofa but my bed was too large for two people let alone just me.

I got myself ready for bed and gave the blonde some tracksuit bottoms and a crop top to sleep in, offering a hoodie as-well if she were cold or uncomfortable.

I obviously had spares of everything as I was so used to travelling spontaneously so Charlotte had her own things to ensure she had a suitable rest.

The pair brushed their teeth before climbing into bed, whispering their good nights as the two fell asleep in each other's arms almost immediately, wondering how they'd avoid the spotlight when they arrived at their early morning lecture tomorrow, together.

Ok it's not my best chapter bcos it's New Year's eve and it's 11:52pm because I was less than halfway through the chapter until I saw the time being 11, my bad but I wanted to update for everyone.

And the main reason for updating is because I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year because 2020 hasn't been brilliant for anybody and I hope 2021 brings everyone much better times.

Lots of love
Megan x