Roadtrip 2.0

Charlottes PoV:

I stuck by Katie's side almost 24/7 for about two weeks. We had both forgiven each other for what had happened a few weeks prior and were now on better terms than ever.

It was a Friday and our lecture had just finished. It was the final lecture of the week and unbeknownst to Katie, her day was not yet over.

"Hey babe." She smiled as she looked up from her desk after everyone had been dismissed.

"That was a great lecture today." I complimented and she smiled, blushing slightly.

"I'm always motivated to do my best when you're in the room." She smirked, shutting down her computer.

"Do you have plans tonight?" She asked and I nodded my head.

Katie raised her eyebrow and I blushed furiously, it had become a reflex.

"It involves you... and me... you have to drive, but it'll be worth it." I explained rambling and she leant backwards in her chair.

"And how far do I have to drive?" She asked, her eyebrow still raised but a smile creeping onto her face.

"You'll see when I set the directions up on your phone." I smirked, standing up and walking slowly to the door.

"We'll be staying overnight tonight and tomorrow night... i'll text you a list of stuff to bring." I looked back to be met with a slightly bewildered face.

I grinned once more before leaving the theatre and meandering back to my building, texting Katie a list of things she'd need to bring.

I packed my own small suitcase, ensuring I had everything I needed from the list... as well as an extra small box.

Katie was picking me up at 4 and it was currently 3:40 so Eliza and I were sat on my bed discussing my plans for the evening.

My phone began to ring and I smiled as I saw the contact photo appear on my phone.

I hadn't changed it since that first kiss. We'd taken some really nice photos as a couple but nothing beat that first date.

"Hey babe." I answered, smiling at Eliza as I did so.

"Hi, I'm outside your place, usual spot." She informed and I nodded.

"I'll be down in a minute, just going to say bye to Eliza." I assured before ending the call.

"Bye then Charlie." She leant in to hug me and I hugged her back.

"I'll see you Monday okay." I smiled into her shoulder.

"Only in uni." She frowned and I laughed.

"Just because I'm, hopefully, moving out, doesn't mean i'll see any less if you." I confirmed and she rolled her eyes.

"You're going to be engaged Charlotte, so much is going to change." My attention narrowed to the verb.

"I need to go now." I stood up and grabbed my case.

"Good luck Charlie, and keep me updated the entire time, well not the entire entire time." She laughed and I smiled back at her.

"Of course I will... see ya Monday." I unlocked the door and dragged my case out to the front of the campus where Katie greeted me, sunglasses on her head.

"Hey babe." I smiled as she held out her hands to take my case and load it into the boot.

"I'm excited about this, you asked me to bring a lot of clothing just for one weekend." She laughed softly as the boot slammed down.

"It's going to be a very busy, and hopefully very happy, weekend though." I assured as we closed our passenger doors and she sat patiently awaiting guidance.

"Can I have your phone for the navigation?" I asked and she nodded reluctantly, placing her phone in my hand.

I input the destination and ensured that it didn't display the end goal, just the directions as they were necessary.

Katie linked her phone to the car system through bluetooth and started the engine.

As it was March, the sun didn't set until we crossed into the coastal part of the country, somewhere we had visited only weeks before.

"Gosh look at that sunset." Katie gazed through the windscreen and I smiled at her.

"It really is gorgeous." I whispered as she kept her concentration targeted at the road ahead.

We drove for another hour, leaving the journey to be almost 3 in total.

"This is all getting very familiar now... I think I know where we are going." Katie grinned and I beamed as radiant as the Sun.

"Take the A38 into Plymouth." The phone directed and Katie's face lit up more so than before.

"Ok, just tell me where I'm going, I know my way round here." She ordered her phone to cancel guidance and I pulled my knee to my chest.

"We need to check into Crowne Plaza and then we have a reservation at my favourite restaurant." I briefly outlined and she nodded, driving through the hectic city centre.

I hadn't visited this city in many years, it was somewhere that was very meaningful to me and I was desperate to create new memories here with the woman I loved.

Katie navigated her way to the hotel underground car park and turned off the engine.

A wave of nostalgia washed over me as we unloaded our cases from the car and checked in at the reception.

Our room was 713, the room I would stay in every visit. We took the lift, inhaling the scent of the swimming pool as it halted on the second floor before arriving at our own.

I unlocked the door and entered the room, the view being exactly how I remembered it, except luminescent from the streetlights and city hubbub.

i don't have one in the night bcos i'm always busy or drunk then lol sorry x

"So... this view is to die for." Katie crept up behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist and resting her head in my shoulder.

"It really is, now, dinner is at 8 and it's half 7, it's a short walk so I'd get ready now." I suggested and she nodded, taking a black dress out of her case and changing quickly.

"You really are full of surprises Char." She smiled and I giggled.

"Oh, you have no idea." I replied and she raised an eyebrow before dismissing herself to the bathroom to apply her makeup.

I subtly grabbed the miniature box and slipped it into my coat pocket. I had a plan, I just hoped the execution went well.