Drunk Katie

Charlottes PoV:

We trekked through the city centre, the sun disappearing over the horizon. The 'restaurant' was in the dead centre of the city hubbub and I heaved open the weighted wooden door.

The noise smothered us from the second the door hit the inside maroon wall.

"Bloody hell its loud in here." I mumbled and Katie just laughed in response.

"It's not that bad. You just haven't been out in a while." She joked and I nodded in agreement.

"Of course its not loud for you... celebrity." I giggled as we found an empty table.

"What are you drinking?" The brunette asked, scrolling through her phone and snapping a photo of the table number.

"I'll start with a gin and tonic, send that photo to me, you don't have socials, nobody will send us anything." I laughed as the airdrop chirruped on my own phone screen.

I shared the photo to my social media platforms, which had taken off with popularity since the press release.

"Would you be comfortable with me adding the engagement onto this? It means more free drinks." I added, curiosity present in my expression.

Katie nodded her head as her first red wine arrived at the table.

Adding onto my story, I typed 'send Katie and I engagement drinks!' and shared it to my followers.

A sense of relief flushed through my body as I revealed our engagement to the entire world and the secrecy no longer consumed me.

Realisation shortly hit that my mother followed my Facebook and would now be achieving the confirmation that I was in fact dating... engaged to, a celebrity.

Surprisingly, I wasn't concerned about that. My mother was the woman who had torn me down to the extent that I never thought I'd stand alone again but Katie was the woman who replaced that and taught me how to fight my battles, with or without her support.

I smiled over at Katie, glancing up from my phone to see her taking her final swill of the glass, mine still untouched.

"You don't half love a drink do you?" I chuckled and she just rolled her eyes, throwing her hair back over her shoulder.

I took a few sips of my own drink before I saw a waiter with a tray of some turquoise shot glasses.

"Oh god no..." I mumbled as Katie looked over at me, eyebrows raised in their signature manner.

"What?" She asked innocently as the waiter placed the tray onto the table.

"If that came from someone called Eliza, I might just stab you." I stared into the soul of the now terrified waiter.

"It came from, 'your biggest fan'. If that means anything to you." He laughed awkwardly and I shook my head, laughing softly.

"That would be the one.... I think." I considered as Katie took the glasses, smiling with gratitude.

"You muppet, you're seriously going to drink those?" I glanced down at my phone to see a new text from Eliza.

E: Don't let her get too hammered will you? ;)

I rolled my eyes before averting my gaze back to the brunette across the table from me.

"KATIE!" I shouted over the music in disbelief.

The 8 shot glasses were now empty and Katie had a smug expression across her face.

"You're going to be dead in a minute." I laughed and she shook her head.

"Ill be fine." She assured and I chuckled, slightly nervous.

I shot Eliza a reply, hiding the fear I was currently experiencing.

I had very little doubt that regular drunk Katie would be difficult to handle but regarding the fact that the last time I was aware she was drunk, she ended up in hospital almost dead, I felt as if I had the right to be slightly apprehensive.

We ordered our meals, Katie settling for a risotto whilst I chose a barbecue chicken burger.

"I'll have a white wine with that... a bottle." Katie added to the waiter and I suppressed a chuckle.

"How are you feeling now?" I placed my phone face down onto the table and looked up at her.

"I'm grrreat." The slurring began in a steady manner and I considered the rate, regarding the fact I hadn't encountered a drunk McGrath before.

Our meals arrived soon, alongside some mushy peas, lots of pints of milk and a bottle of tequila, vodka and red.

"I don't drink tequila." Katie states, her eyes displaced from a particular gaze.

"Well, I do but I don't like wine that much so you have that, I'll have the tequila and we'll take the vodka." I outlined and Katie nodded.

Our meals were delicious, Katie kept slurring random compliments intermittently whilst taking large gulps of her varying wines.

I ended up drinking 2 glasses of the tequila before slipping the remained off the bottle into my handbag, alongside the vodka.

"That was delicioussss." Katie grinned, placing the empty bottle onto the table.

"It really was, are you ready to go?" I asked, keeping my speech basic and easily comprehensible.

Katie nodded excitably in response as I gestured for the waiter.

"Ready to pay... or do you want another drink?" His smug attitude frustrating me.

"The bill please." I ordered and he nodded discreetly, scuttling away from our table.

Katie was now twirling the ends of her hair as I just smiled in awe.

"What ya looking at?" Her accent became even stronger than I believed possible.

"You." I leant backwards in my chair, adjusting my posture to optimise comfort.

"Here you are, £39." The waiter forced a smile, presumably following instructions from his boss.

I waved my card over the card machine, partially proud I fell within the contactless range.

"Are we going nowwww?" Katie pleaded and I nodded my head with a smile.

"Yes honey, we are." I affirmed and she almost jumped to her feet, I suppressed a giggle.

Katie pulled her coat on as I grabbed my handbag and tucked my hair into my jacket.

I hobbled back to the hotel, Katie dependent on me for balance and mobility. We fell into our room and I lay the brunette gently onto the bed.

"Do you want me to brush your teeth for you?" I called as I entered the bathroom.

When there was no response, I peeked my head around the door frame to see Katie sound asleep across the bed.

I started brushing my own teeth, perching on the table admiring her tranquility.

I got myself ready for bed before removing Katie's boots and belt to leave her comfortable as she slept.

I slipped into the right side of the bed and pulled the duvet over the both of us before snuggling up to the brunette who was snoring softly next to me and letting my exhaustion consume me.