Sleepovers cut short

Katie's PoV:

We were both sat in the front of my car and Charlotte opened her phone, smiling as she read a text.

I asked her about it and it turned out that Eliza was away for a week. Charlotte seemed really excited and invited me round tomorrow night but I was too worried about her to leave her alone.

I knocked lightly on her door and could hear her hyperventilating on the other side. She shuffled to the door and opened it timidly.

As she opened the door and her eyes met with mine she practically collapsed into my arms.

I held her close to me and comforted her, I knew I could never leave her alone, she wouldn't be able to cope alone because she had been hurt too much.

I refused to pity her, I knew that's not what she wanted so I just held her and comforted her.

I went into her wardrobe to find something to sleep in, as instructed, and settled on some leggings and a slack white t shirt. I skipped them on and hung my dress up on a spare hanger.

I walked into the bathroom where I knew she was and wrapped my arms around her waist.

She was smiling and it was a sight I wanted to see for the rest of time and I was so grateful that I was someone who got to see it.

She finished brushing her teeth and getting herself ready for bed and I did the same, I was an actress so I always had a small bag with me that could get me through a night so I used those things.

We both cuddled up to each other in her much scrimper bed but it was a lot more intimate, in comparison to my significantly too vast bed.

I felt her relax in my grasp and that's when I knew her dreams had taken over. I relaxed myself and reached over my shoulder to pick up my phone.

My phone read 2am, meaning it was 6am in LA. I checked my texts from the evening and read an interesting one from Andrea.

A: The mother is coming. She texted my mom, she's going to 'talk' to Charlotte.

I looked over at Charlotte and felt my heart begin to race.

I didn't know much at all about Charlottes mother, but it was evident that they had a very fractured relationship, to the extent that she had court cases with her.

I texted Andrea back, knowing she was practically nocturnal and would be going to sleep soon.

K: Should I be worried?

As I expected, the blonde replied immediately.

A: She's unpredictable so I can't say for sure
K: What should I do with her, tell her?
A: Maybe invite her round your place?
K: Ok, I will tomorrow after work, thanks A x

I signed, turning my phone off and rolled back over, throwing my arm around the blondes waist once again.

I tried to let myself rest but before I could get an ounce of true sleep, Charlottes phone alarm startled the blonde awake.

"Morning." She mumbled groggily and i refrained from sighing in defeat, pushing myself up to sit.

"Morning Char." I smiled and she rolled over to look at me.

"You haven't slept have you?" She asked, reading me like the bible.

"I was stressed about something, don't worry about it." I shrugged and she sat up next to me.

"Ok, well I am worried, you know I am but I won't pressure you." She placed a gentle kiss on my cheek before grabbing her phone.

"Shit." I heard her exclaim and I looked over at her.

"What's wrong?" I cocked an eyebrow and she looked up at me, fear present from her forehead to her lips.

"My mother... she's coming here." Charlotte stated and now my eyebrows furrowed.

"Now?" I asked and Charlotte shrugged her shoulders.

"No clue, I don't even know what she wants, why is she coming here?" Charlotte began to panic until a knock at the door caused her to almost faint.

"I'll hide." I flashed a weak smile and dashed into the wardrobe where i quickly heaved a set of drawers across the door to make it look as if the blonde hadn't converted a whole spare room for clothes.

Charlotte composed herself and walked to the door, flinging my handbag at me as she did so. I smiled assuringly and crouched behind the drawers.

I heard the door open and was met with a harsh Welsh accent... Charlotte was Welsh?

There was about half an hour of high pitched arguing and I decided to eat the brunch bar that was in my handbag. What I heard next was something I didn't expect to hear.

"I wish i just aborted you when I had the chance." My heart practically broke when I heard that but Charlotte kept her replies sarky and powerful, something she had clearly inherited from her mother.

"Where's pesky mermaid?" I heard her ask and Charlotte sighed.

"Eliza is away." Her replies were short and showed she had no time at all to deal with the woman she clearly despised.

"Who stayed here last night then?" She asked and I pulled my knees closer to my chest.

"Wha- what do you mean?" She asked and I heard her mother stand up.

"There's two female body marks in this bed. Lottie, I worked in the police, this was my job." She explained her detective abilities and I frowned.

"I thought drinking was your job, you certainly do it all day." I had to refrain from letting a low chuckle escape my mouth because Charlotte certainly knew how to make the woman apprehensive.

"Are they still here?" She asked and Charlotte replied with an immediate no.

"I always knew you were a girl lover." She practically spat and I rolled my eyes.

"Just as much as you love your alcohol. Now get out of my home." Charlotte ordered and I heard shuffling as the two made their way to the door again, hearing it slam in anger amongst the shouting.

"Bloody hell." I whispered, my back leaning against the drawers.