Nobody likes a Ginger Cat

Charlottes PoV:

I called Andrea again and she picked up almost immediately.

"Charlotte?" Her American accent filled the driveway.

"She's not answering. I'm stood outside her house and there's no answer. Her car is on the drive so she's here but she's not answering Andrea." Panic was clearly audible and Andrea sighed shakily.

"I'm ringing from my laptop now, try and see if you can hear a phone ring." She instructed and I tiptoed closer to the door, pressing my ear gently against it.

There was no sound, perhaps her phone was dead.

"Nothing. It's silent behind that door." I shook my head and Andrea sighed again.

"Windows? Can you see any movement inside?" The design of Katie's house was intelligent to refrain from stalkers looking into her house, the windows being too high and could only be seen through with steps.

"Nope, they're too high up." Andrea laughed softly and I raised my eyebrow.

"Of course she has a house designed to keep her private life private." I laughed in return at the blonde's realisation. It was a very Katie thing to do.

"Okay... so her phone is either dead, silent or far away from her front door." Andrea concluded and I sighed.

"Is she a spare key type of person?" I asked questioningly.

"Definitely not, but I tell you what... back on the SG set, she'd always give a spare key to her home to the producer. Do you have access to set today and could ask?" I nodded quickly and signalled to Eliza to turn around.

"Bus stop!" I called after Eliza who had been wandering around the side of the house inquisitively.

We began walking and Andrea was tapping away on her laptop.

"Just stay where you are, there'll be a cab in 4 minutes." She shouted into the phone and I nodded.

"Never mind, she's called us a cab." I recounted to Eliza and she nodded with a smile.

"It's going to be okay Charlie. Try not to stress yourself out to an unhealthy extent. Whatever has happened, isn't your fault. She'll be okay." Eliza comforted me as I sat down on the cold concrete.

I shook my head and pulled my knees to hug my chest.

"But how can you know? She might not be ok!" I was fighting my emotions as the cab pulled outside the gates.

The taxi driver smiled at us apprehensively and I pulled myself to my feet and unlocked the gates.

Eliza politely opened the door for me and I slid into the backseat, Andrea still on the phone.

"Charlotte, you have a natural predisposition to assume the worst, it's how you've been raised. But Katie is intelligent, she won't let anything bad happen to her." I was consistently forgetting that Andrea knew me, her mother was my mother's sister. We were blood related, of course she knew exactly how I was feeling.

"37 Station Road right?" The elder man asked and I nodded in the dashboard mirror.

The engine kicked in and I replied to Andrea, "You're right. She's smart. She'll be fine."

Andrea and I continued to try and stabilise our anxiety as Eliza gazed out of the window.

We pulled up outside of set and I thanked the driver, placing a £5 note in his hand, telling him to wait for 2 minutes.

I rushed inside the double doors and tried to find Aaron, bumping into Vivienne as I searched.

"What are you doing here?" She asked and I flailed my hands frantically.

"Where's Aaron?" I threw my hands around some more and Vivienne pointed to a meeting room.

I slid over to the door and knocked lightly, the older ginger man signalling for me to enter.

"Aaron... can I have a word please... it's about McGrath." We always referred to people by their last names on set, mainly because there were two Katie's.

Aaron invited me in and I shut the door gently behind me.

"What's wrong with her? I heard about the drama." His voice showed genuine concern, and a slight bit of pain.

"Well nobody's heard from her, she didn't show up to our lecture this morning, she's not replying to my texts or calls and I went over to her place but there's no answer. You have the spare key... according to her old costar at least." I rambled and he nodded carefully.

"I can go over there... I have a key." His reply was short and inquisitive.

"Okay... or just give her girlfriend the key?" I lied about our label but it was evident I still cared for Katie and I didn't want Mr Ginger getting too involved, he was just a piece of the puzzle i was trying so solve.

"G- girlfriend? I thought you broke up with her?" This time the pain was overwhelmingly visible.

"Aaron please.... I need the key. She could be hurt and you're wasting time." My voice became very stern, I couldn't distinguish between jealousy or impatience.

"I'm coming with you Charlotte, now accept that or leave her wherever she is." His voice reiterated the stern tone of my own and I rolled my eyes, leaving the room, allowing him to follow me.

We reached the taxi again and Eliza cocked an eyebrow as I slid next to her, Mr Ginger following behind.

Eliza handed me my phone back as I squeezed next to her, not wanting to be too close to the other man.

"I got the key... well... the man with the key." I informed Andrea and she laughed.

"It's halfway there... don't tell me he's attached... they always get attached to Katie." Andrea grunted in disgust as I laughed.

"Yeah... you're definitely right there. Can't blame them though." I giggled, trying to remain inconspicuous.

The taxi driver pulled up outside the towering black gates and I thanked him again.

We all exited the vehicle like a trio stumbling back from an night down the club.

Aaron started pushing at the gates as Eliza and I sniggered.

"There's a password dummy." I walked over to the box on the wall.

"How do you know it? Even I don't know that." He scoffed and I input the password, Eliza putting a buffer between him and I.

"I'm her girlfriend, I'm more likely to know it than you. Idiot." The gates revolved for the second time today and we traipsed up the driveway like the Three Musketeers, out of Shrek, not the real ones.

Aaron got the key out of his pocket and went to unlock the door. I edged closer to the handle as he turned the key and I pushed the door open.

We stepped in and I almost fainted when my eyes fell upon the brunette bathed in a red liquid.

"Shit!" I squealed, dropping my phone as I rushed to her side.