The Morning After

Charlottes PoV:

The Monday morning alarm echoed through the room and I shot upright, not allowing Katie the opportunity to go straight back to sleep.

"Morning babe." I smiled brightly, pulling myself to my feet, pulling the warmth off the exhausted brunette.

"Oi!" She exclaimed and I rolled my eyes, tossing the duvet onto the floor.

"Get up." I ordered and she grumbled in response.

I wandered into my favourite wardrobe and started sorting through her clothes again.

I settled for a sage jumper, ripped black jeans and some heeled boots.

I placed the necklace delicately around my neck before fastening two bracelets around my left wrist and a watch on my right

"How are you changed already?" Katie asked as I emerged into the main bedroom.

"Because I'm not lazy." I laughed softly as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"Can you pick something out for me... pleaseeee." The brunette begged, resting her head back onto her pillow.

"Of course I can babe, as much as I love my clothes, I cannot wait to have my own clothes in this wardrobe." I admitted as I started searching through the wardrobe for a suitable suit or dress.

I threw a blouse and trousers at the horizontal brunette before carrying my shoes downstairs, grabbing my phone on the way

"Don't leave." A timid voice escaped into the vast room and I opened the door.

"I want to actually be on time today, plus I'm hungry." I explained as I stepped into the corridor.

"Fine. I get the hint." She grumbled as I gently closed the door behind me.

I tiptoed down to the kitchen, opening the fridge with high hopes.

The automatic light highlighted the emptiness within the cool container.