incongruous

incongruous
/ɪnˈkɒŋɡrʊəs/
adjective: incongruous
not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings or other aspects of something.

Glendale, AZ
Thursday May 25th
Hezekiah Adriel Alistair | shoota

"what's your middle name?" Soraya asked as she faced Hezekiah.

It was currently 1am in the morning and like a little kid Soraya was too excited to go to sleep

The adults had agreed that it made more sense to sleep over so Hezekiah left Kaia watching Dora the explorer and went back to his house to get some nightwear and clothes for the plane ride.

They had now been bouncing questions back and forth for the past half an hour.

"Adriel, yours?" soraya was sitting at the bottom of the bed wearing nothing but a white dress shirt that had an image of tupac smoking on it along with some knee high black stockings and a red dressing gown from PINK.

"Legacy. Favourite date?"

"Kaia's birthday. 31st August. Worst date?"

"27th January." Soraya didn't bother to elaborate, "what do you view as the concept of manifestation?"

"speaking things into existence, saying 'i am' instead of 'i will'." Hezekiah answered as he grabbed the packet of Jolly Rancher's and took one out unwrapping it and popping it into his mouth. Sucking the flavours onto his tongue, "do you speak any languages other than english?"

"no, what languages do you speak? now that we're on that note." Soraya grabbed the packet from him taking a piece of candy then giving it back to him.

"latin and english and patois but that's an accent not a language. Where are you from?"

"Barbados and here. You?"

"Rome, Jamaica and here. Why didn't you care when i told you your brother was locked in a cellar?"

"Because i had no reason to care, me and trent have a very rocky relationship. It's broken beyond repair. I don't care all too much for him."

"He's all you have left though."

"I don't have him, i have no-one." soraya corrected before shaking her head, "anyways what did you go to prison for?"

"caught with drugs that's all."

"And you only got eighteen months," hezekiah nodded, "wow."

"I didn't let Kaia come see me at all, that's what hurt me the most. I didn't care about myself or anyone else or about my business — i didn't care about anything. Only her. It's always only her, now of course you too. But she'll always come first. If i died today i wouldn't care because i know she'd know i love her and i know she loves me."

"don't say stuff like that we're celebrating life today not death. You're finally 25."

"Doesn't feel like anything, I was 18 acting 25 being grown. My age didn't mean shit because i've always had to be older."

"Was your mama always the way she is?"

"It's my go, but i'll answer but you'll have to miss two go's." soraya nodded not minding. She grabbed her candy packet and hezekiah's before leaning over and throwing them in the bin, "i loved her once upon a time. Alcohol and drugs and niggas just make you go crazy i guess. She used to be my rolemodel, the whole blocks role model. She was an amazing woman. She'd feed the streets, you didn't go without work her around. Then one day my father came back. Mind you he left us when i was like nine and we never had a good relationship because he didn't even believe mom when she told him i was his. So when he came back when i was sixteen i was obviously sceptical as fuck, i thought everything he was saying was bullshit - he was saying the usual shit y'know - 'i miss you Mandeline' 'i miss Zeke' 'i wanna be in his life' and so like a fool she let him back in not knowing all his issues, drugs and debt came with him. And debt he had a lot of. Over a good fifty thousand or so."